Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to become more mindful in daily life?

misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a HinduIndia Veteran
edited June 2014 in Buddhism Basics

hi all,

how to become more mindful in daily life? any ideas, please. thanks in advance.

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2014

Hey misecmisc1

Step 1. Mindfully List all the ways one can become less mindful in daily life.
    Step 2. Use that list as a spiritual travel advisory for what not to indulge in daily life.

federicaBuddhadragon
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran

Its like watching the breath in meditation, you have to actively bring yourself back to being mindful, actively remind yourself. Understanding what your telling yourself are usually stories, knowing the past and the future are as real as your dreams can help. For me noting physical or emotional states, gross , obvious states was helpful. Noting I was angry, gave me the pause to realize this was suffering, and then realize the need to let go whatever was bringing me to that state. For me when I started being mindful, I focused on every little thing I did, it was not so helpful to me. So it became more of a thing of noting what was arising in me and others, I really connected with that. With this I could attend to what was going on right now. Walking meditation and simple noting( in a general sense) of what is going on helped as well.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@misecmisc1, truly, I'm siding with @how here.... if you have been coming to this forum for 3 years, and you still have no clue how to answer your own question, then maybe you need to question your own motive for asking this question.

Again.

lobster
This discussion has been closed.