Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

thank you

edited June 2005 in Buddhism Basics
I just wanted to let each and every one of you know how grateful I am for you and this forum. I post on several different sites and tho some are larger with more members none has the quality of posters I have found here. The openness and compassion on this board run deep and it really shows. I, like all of you, am seeking to deepen my experience on this path I call my life. I'm sure that the introduce yourself and the picture thread help. Its hard to "act like some kind of super master" when we have all seen each others faces. lol I hope we can continue on our path and help Brian to keep this wonderful site going strong. It seems we attract the entire gamut of seeker. And that is how it should be. Remembering that we are here for each other holding out the hand that was held out for each of us.

May your life go well

^gassho^:bowdown:

Mike Klotz

Comments

• edited June 2005
    For what reasons are we here other than to help one another on the path?

Thank you Mike - for saying what we all feel.

gassho

Dave
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Finding this site was one of the best things I have ever done. Thank you Mike for those kind words. I am learning all sorts of new things from everyone here. I also thank everyone for their cheering me on so to speak. Thank you Dave and Mike and Brian and everyone else who has helped me.

Jason
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2005
    As a "newbie" who has travelled across many Buddhist sites and boards in the past 6 years, this e-sangha comes closer to the ideal (as far as I can see) than most.

Honour and gassho to the builders an administrators. Great merit attaches.
    edited June 2005
    e-sangha. What a great way to put it.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2005
    The site is nothing - I did nothing other than install some software and give it a direction. It is the people that make this sangha what it is. Thank you all :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    There actually is a site called e-sangha. I often see Wolf on there, and like him, I keep coming back to this one.... I have described this site as my "cosy-armchair-comfy-slippers-and-cup-of-cocoa" site. I do not mean that to be derogatory in any way.... quite the opposite. I know that at the end of the day, when like many others, I've just about had it up to "here", I can come in here, put my feet up, sip my cocoa, and - interact with my close friends and family. Love you guys. :) Brian, just be a normal dweeb for once and say "Aw shucks, it weren't nutthin' folks....!" You do deserve credit!
    edited June 2005
    Yeah Brian. We won't tell the other Buddhists that you took the credit. ;)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Brian, Dharma friend,

IMHO, this site does you more than credit. It is a work of skillful merit.
  • edited June 2005
    I was just telling my husband how great this forum is, especially compared to some others I've checked out. It is certainly more of a community than any I've seen before.
  • edited June 2005
    Yeah,

This is the best site in my opinion. I have been made to feel very welcome and I agree with everyone else: This site makes me feel like I have come home and I can just kick off my shoes and ask whatever I need to and actually get an answer and not a bunch of smart-aleck replies. Unlike some other sites I have had the misfortune to visit! LOL!

Adiana :lol::lol:
  • edited June 2005
    I like reading your posts... I want to thank you!