Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Here he is!!!

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Now he's flogging jewellery to make ends meet......we all gotta earn a crust I guess.image

zombiegirl

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2014

You could go in with a statuette of the Virgin Mary or Jesus, with their hands in the open giving gesture, and ask if they would consider putting them in the window in a similar display.
    I wonder what they would say.....

Could make for an interesting discussion! :D .

BunksVastmind
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

My wife reckons there would be Christians who would not shop there because of the Buddha display.

Perhaps the marketing people thought the draw card of the Buddha (let's face it he is pretty cool!) would outweigh the lost sales.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

There is a fast food place here that has a 'Zensation Zalad' .... The promotion is everywhere. 'Enlighten your taste buds'...'Give into this craving'...etc...

-- http://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/zaxbys-adds-asian-salad-menu-lineup

I went in a couple of weeks ago and asked for the Jesus salad. (yes, I know I was hot poking...hahaha)...The lady said...we don't have that. I said " Well, are you sure?...my friend said you had some kind of religious salad, and I'm assuming here in MS that would be a Jesus salad"...She said " No...that would be totally disrespectful...who does that?" lolololol.... Someone next to me caught on and said..."I think she's asking for the Zen salad".... The lady behind the counter says..." OH, thats the Asian salad...why are you saying something about Religion? Jesus doesn't have anything to do with salad. ..... I stopped myself and had to laugh. Yes...the salad is yummy. You can get it with or without the grilled chicken. hahaha....

Bunkszombiegirl
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited July 2014

@Vastmind Not exactly the same, but you reminded me of this... lol Asian chicken salad <3

mmoVastmindInvincible_summer
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

Buddhists might be the least likely religious group to protest (or go jihad) on the use of its symbology erm, inappropriately. It was the safest choice for that jewelry seller to manipulate the buyer's guilt or grandiosity :D .

Bunks