Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Punk Looks at Fifty..... by Brad Warner

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
edited July 2014 in Arts & Writings

This was a little article I enjoyed tonight at the bookstore while flipping through Shambhala Sun.

What were the kids reading? Kofi ran over to comics to see the much reported 'Archie is dead'..... and Adjua was reading a Sponge Bob comic book. Yes...Archie is the family favorite....hahaha

Anyway...back on topic....

Crummy cars, a wall of guitars, and a whole bunch of meditation: not exactly the American Dream, but Zen teacher BRAD WARNER is good with that.

Here's the article..... A Punk Looks at Fifty

http://www.shambhalasun.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4200&Itemid=0

Comments

• swaydamswaydam Veteran

I am liking that article. I foolishly overly regretted my lack of life accomplishments at recently turning 30. Time is still producing possibilities. I also used to beat myself up for liking rocken music. I'm slowly learning to transmute this turbulence or whatever.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Thanks @Vastmind. I can relate to a lot of the stuff Brad says growing up. I always felt like something wasn't quite right growing up with the way of the Western world. I consoled myself with drugs and booze however family and dhamma have taken over to complete the puzzle for me!

Happy birthday Brad!

• Being a bit of a punk rocker myself, this spoke to me. Can't say that the Ramones are my particular style of punk, but the bits about discontent with the corporate media and cookie cutter image of the ideal human rings quite true to my little ears.
    Interesting article :)

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

.. :rocker: .... :rockon: .... Rock on everyone!

EarthninjaInvincible_summer
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

Brad! :)<3 I love his book "Sit down and shut up" and would recommend it to anyone interested in Buddhism / zen.