Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Jesus and Buddha

2»

Comments

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited August 2014

It isn't that I don't like Dawkins, it's just that his arguments and the people I've seen him debate don't seem to be all that challenging.

I prefer listening to Neil DeGrass Tyson over any of those guys.

As for the o/p, I think the teachings of Jesus would have more closely resembled Buddha's if he was able to teach for longer. I feel his core message was very close except for a belief in a creator.

Obviously that's just my own bias but I think Jesus was alright.

vinlyn
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I think Jesus was a great teacher, shame he didn't get a longer innings though. I have a friend who is a non-theist Christian, which actually makes a lot of sense ( though possibly not to theist Christians! ).

vinlyn