Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Short Alan - Watts video about our existence.

EarthninjaEarthninja WandererWest Australia Veteran
edited August 2014 in Arts & Writings

I have heard so many of Alan Watts videos. This one is a 5 minute edited version with music.

Don't ask me why but it brought me to tears. I thought i would share.

A recap is the video is about humans not knowing they ARE the eternal universe. That the external world ( as we see it) is as much us as our own skin.

Man this moved me. No idea why but wow I was just throwing the ball for the dog listening to this and I burst into tears. I had to share with you guys .

poptartVastmindsova

Comments

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Thanks for sharing. This is something I've felt since long before I even knew of Buddhism. It's why I call myself ourself and so far no amount of healthy scrutiny has put a dent in it.

People will say it is just swapping one self for another but if self is permanent then that isn't true. Even the eternal universe is always in a process of change.

Earthninja
  • rocalarocala Explorer

Many thanks for posting Earthninja. It somehow reminds me of childhood (and later) struggles to understand reality. Those first inklings of 'wow this is big but not totally seperate'.

Earthninja