Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Music straight to your heart

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Monkey Chatter :D

nakazcid

One for the Zen devotees :D

Namada
  • lobsterJeffreyRowan1980nakazcid
  • lobster
  • susan on the west coast waiting from andy in vietnam fighting

• bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

lobster

"Living On The Frontline" Eddy Grant

Long version

• robotrobot Veteran

• I was a Bowie fan already back in the 70's when I was 10 years old.

JeffreyRowan1980lobster
  • PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited March 2015

Later on punk, gothic, The Cure, New Order, Amy Winehouse, The Chemical Brothers, metal, gothic metal, death metal, doom metal...

• PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited March 2015

And my last comment in this thread :) There will never be again such a beauty and talent as Amy was...

JeffreybookwormRowan1980lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

We will have to agree to disagree.
    I thought she was absolutely dreadful.

• robotrobot Veteran

I had never heard of her till she died but I can see why she has fans like @Polja. Her voice is excellent, and she is attractive enough. Judging by the two videos posted.

• PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited March 2015

@federica said:
    We will have to agree to disagree.
    I thought she was absolutely dreadful.

Amy's music is not straight to your heart, but I adored and sympathised her for many reasons. And her death was a shock.

Ravi Shankar

Rowan1980Namada
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2015

@Pöljä said:
    Amy's music is not straight to your heart, but I adored and sympathised her for many reasons. And her death was a shock.

Her death was totally predictable. She was on a self-destructive path with absolutely no inclination to do anything her family and friends begged her to do. She wantonly and selfishly brought her own life to an early end.

(Besides, everybody's death is totally predictable, and frankly, I am never shocked when someone dies.)

Nusrat Fateh Ali khan

"Ecstasy" (Beautiful trance Sufi music)

• PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited March 2015

I've been shocked many times because someone has died! For instance, my brother, my wifes brother, my cousin committed suicide when they were young. I have had suicidal tendencies, too, like taking "heroic" doses of drugs.

Alcohol killed Amy Winehouse, which doesn't make her a sinful and bad human being. She would probably be still alive if she would have never become a "star". She was too weak to carry all the unconscionable presures. In an interview I've read Amy told she wants to give up singing and to live a normal life (without paparazzis and other hyenas).

robot
  • Her talent for music was out of proportion to developing other qualities. My girlfriend says she watched something that said in school she would just party all the time and even be drunk for her 'tests' or whatever they do in music school. Despite partying all the time and perhaps even drunk on the test she would 'nail it' and be the top student.

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited March 2015

lobster
  • robotrobot Veteran

@federica said:
    She wantonly and selfishly brought her own life to an early end.

I don't know whether you are looking down your nose at her because you don't like her music, or because she suffered and died young.

I don't have esp so I have been shocked by death a number of times. Like when the daughter of a man I know was beaten to death with a hammer. Couldn't have seen that coming.
    On three separate occasions I've had two friends die together at sea. Think of the lives I could have saved if I could have predicted their deaths.

I consider her to have been a Hungry Ghost. I have enormous compassion for her state of suffering, but I am disappointed that it was entirely self-inflicted. She has countless fans and a close family who all wanted her to exist among them in a healthy and productive way.
    She completely ignored the entreaties of those around her, and ultimately paid the price for doing so.
    I call that a selfish attitude.
    I'm not looking down my nose at her, as far as I am concerned I'm calling it what it is.

I am shocked by the MANNER in which some people meet their deaths.
    Death itself holds no surprise for me.
    Its timing is suspect though.

• robotrobot Veteran

Pöljälobsternakazcid
  • robotrobot Veteran

PöljälobsterNamada
    edited March 2015

Wonderful Bamboo Flute Music (The scenery's not bad too)

• PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited March 2015

@federica said:
    I consider her to have been a Hungry Ghost. I have enormous compassion for her state of suffering, but I am disappointed that it was entirely self-inflicted. She has countless fans and a close family who all wanted her to exist among them in a healthy and productive way.

Many great musicians have gone too young. Amy got off of drugs with the help of her family and friends. And she financed her friends rehabs. But she never got off of alcohol.

Alcohol, drugs and artistic people. It's often like the chicken or the egg.

Janis and Billie... Great!

lobsterrobot

Some foot and or finger tapping music "Panpipes of South America"

We bought this album when it first came out, in Vinyl. the big LP, black, shiny, and to be played on a record player deck.
    It was only when the music stopped after about 15 minutes, on side one, that we realised we'd played the entire first side at 45rpm and not 33rpm.
    While it played, we honestly hadn't noticed...!

Shoshin
  • Pöljä
  • NamadaNamada Veteran

JodelFamilie hehe

lobster

Fat Freddys Drop "Flashback" (Good ol Kiwi music)

• Never say never :)

A great song of The fabulous furry freak brothers.

• robotrobot Veteran

I had the hair but I never had one of those moustaches.

• robotrobot Veteran

JeffreyPöljä
  • I was in *Church today listening to what my aunt describes as 'dead people music’. Here is a secular version.

*(a sort of Dharma centre for Xtians)

robotPöljä
  • Bitter sweet memories...

robot
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited March 2015

reincarnation of Billie Holiday?

She is 7 years old and choose a song like gloomy sunday,

its a "suicide song", this song has been banned from radio in several countries.

robotJeffrey
  • robotrobot Veteran

• JodelFamilie hehe

=)

You laugh BUT I played this to my Swiss mother who was really cheered by its simple alpine jollity.

I have a Tamil friend who has played me examples of world music which he enjoys, including Cajun yodelling, Arabic and African yodeling that is clearly a heart felt expression.

Namada
  • @Namada most moving suicide song I ever heard by the master Morrissey..

NamadaPöljä
  • robotrobot Veteran

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited March 2015

@Namada the Billie Holiday is in terrible English I can't even understand it lol. Was that language German?

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited March 2015

@Jeffrey, hehe, yes its "english" but she is Norwegian so her pronunciation is not so good...but she is only 7, I can forgive her :)

her is another nice song from this young lady (with subtitles) ;)

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited March 2015

@lobster You get in a good mood listen to Jodle, so its easy to laugh :)

I dont know why they jodle, maybe your mother know or your tamil friend?

• More world music, not Alp jodle but Sami yoik.

Namada
  • robotZenshin
  • robot