Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Might Buddhism be incomplete?

13»

Comments

• You didn't answer my question. This is getting us nowhere. It must not be possible.

Metta

• @Greg911 said:
    I am not sure why this is not working

Very simply because there is nothing here but roosters and you are chicken. Do you even have the supernatural staying power of your buddha nature? If you are unable to channel your years of experience, then we call it ignorance.

You should stay, I feel no ill will or insincerity in you, just the need to digest and expound in a way useful to others. You may not have that capacity or function. Depends on whether you want to develop such a 'siddhi', which you clearly lack . . .

Buddhadragon
  • What could luck possibly have to do with why there was no written language in Buddha's time and place?

• It is 'unlucky' in the colloquial sense of saying it would be pleasing to have written records or rather it would be useful.

• @Jeffrey said:
    It is 'unlucky' in the colloquial sense of saying it would be pleasing to have written records or rather it would be useful.

In that case I would have to say that it makes no difference one way or the other that Buddha's words have not been recorded verbatim. It's the whole program that interests me.

Jeffrey
  • well I am mahayana so unless the naga realms are real most of my tradition involves either new additions or lineage transmission

• Yes useful but not affective. He sent the ones who had the understanding.
    maybe it can't be passed any other way. You can't get it from a book. You have to do it. Ask me to think and I will think. Tell me you think I am wrong I will verify it for myself. I know most of you are older I am 69.

• @Greg911 said:
    Yes useful but not affective. He sent the ones who had the understanding.

Not effective. Understanding without capacity to transmit means you are sending out an ineffectual message. This is known as ignorance and Dukkha. What do your years of experience amount to? Nothing. Welcome to the dharma . . . <3

Buddhadragon
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@Hamsaka said:
    Of course you have the experience, you just don't have to PROVE it to us. We're willing to take you at face value, by the quality and content of your posts. If a person brings their honest self here I've not seen any trouble with them being accepted in the fold. Maybe that's not what you want, though. If you want to stand out from the crowd, or be unique and special, I've not seen that go well around here.

I believe the Buddha or one of his famous followers commented on reasons to NOT pronounce one's attainments or special abilities. If not, he didn't need to. It is instinctual for people to recoil from someone who marches in with super powers. Usually they are nuts.

That was insightful AND funny. B)

• @lobster said:

First- I said we are all the same one. There can't a higher or lower except in Karma.
    Second - do you have any idea where supernatural powers are on the ladder to the goal? Just because I have them doesn't mean I am not on the path.
    Third - I thought this was a sangha. What do you think it is?
    Forth - I like you

• @Greg911 said:
    Forth - I like you <3

Good. So you should. The feeling is mutual. <3

We are all on the path. Even that well known Buddha Dude was on the path to Paranirvana, which is another form of theme park . . .
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parinirvana

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Greg911 said: I think will give it a rest.

If I may I would like to leave you with one more thought.
    >

I love it when people hint that "they are going this place is not for me... I am misunderstood... " and then they stay, because they simply HAVE to get one more word in.
    Much more of this pseudo high falutin nonsense and pretentious twaddle and we'll have one Rooster fewer, being cocky.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited November 2014

@Greg911 said:
    First- I said we are all the same one. There can't a higher or lower except in Karma.

Second - do you have any idea where supernatural powers are on the ladder to the goal? Just because I have them doesn't mean I am not on the path.
    Third - I thought this was a sangha. What do you think it is?
    Forth - I like you

It's all very well, Greg.
    But have you noticed that for the last four posts, at least, you have added nothing remotely related to the subject of the thread?
    No matter which way we look, we land always on the same dead-end alley and threads go down the drain.
    What about sticking to the point for once and end all this chicken-rooster gibberish???
    Please????

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2014

@lobster said: I know exactly what your unnatural 'powers' are.

Now I kindly suggest you find out where you are . .~removed vulgar image~

Funny, yes, but you know, @lobster, I have received complaint regarding tasteless humour.... not everyone finds it funny....
    "Measure it twice, you'll only be cutting it the once...."

lobster
  • You didn't look at the link lobster posted me.

Metta