Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Word Association Game

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Salute

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Aye aye captain

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2015
    edited May 2015
    edited May 2015

Urban myth
    (Ugh! Thought you were referring to a rumour about the programme.... That's revolting... Must you....?!) :disgusted :

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Navy

Seals

Walrus

Beatles

Volkswagen

Porche

(Incidentally, @Shoshin, this is what I was referring to as the rumour I mentioned, regarding 'Pugwash'... ICYI.....

There is a persistent urban legend, repeated by the now defunct UK newspaper the Sunday Correspondent, that ascribes sexually suggestive names – such as Master Bates, Seaman Staines, and Roger (meaning "have sex with") the Cabin Boy – to Captain Pugwash's characters, and indicating that the captain's name was a slang Australian term for oral sex.[2] John Ryan successfully sued both the Sunday Correspondent and The Guardian newspapers in 1991 for printing this legend as fact.[3] The origin of this myth is likely due to student rag mags from the 1970s.[4]

From the same link I supplied)

edited May 2015

Spice :D ( As in Porche"Posh" Spice)

I must admit I had overlooked the first part of the link and just scrolled down...It's amazing how 'creative' we humans can be with language/words, turning what seems to be a quite harmless word into something quite repulsive, however I guess it depends upon ones mind and how it's been trained to deal with such aversions....

I can't stand aversions...

Becks

ShoshinSarahT

David & Victoria

David and Goliath

Little and Large

• PöljäPöljä Veteran

Non and Sense.

edited May 2015

@Kenneth said: Mutt and Jeff

(Cockney rhyming slang for)

DEAF.

(only because I really can't think of a suitable word association to @Pöljä 's contribution... :confused: )

• Tommy (The rock opera about a deaf, dumb, and blind guy who becomes recognized as the messiah)

Who (Neither a question nor a Doctor...)

Wants to know ?

• KennethKenneth Veteran
    edited May 2015

I got nothin, so:

Silence Means Security

Slogan

Wogan

Terry

June

Month

year

Annum

Per

• ZenniZenni Veteran

one

Self

Illusory

• ZenniZenni Veteran

Depart

Dream-like

• ZenniZenni Veteran

Awakened

Buddha

Nature

• ZenniZenni Veteran

Compassionate

Nurture

Metta

• ZenniZenni Veteran

mindfulness

Mindlessness

inattentive

• KennethKenneth Veteran

daydream

edited May 2015

Lovin' Spoonful (One of my Mum's favourite songs)

• ZenniZenni Veteran

(of) baby food

@federica - thank you B) Its a beautiful song!

I feel like this verse..

I've been having a sweet dream
    I've been dreaming since I woke up today
    It's starring me and my sweet dream
    'Cause she's the one that makes me feel this way

And I hope to be daydreaming for a thousand years...