Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Do you people celebrate christmas?

13»

Comments

• My brother made home made eggnog. It was lighter than store bought but yet still nicely rich from cream and whole milk and eggs. Really good with enough Rum for taste but having two didn't make my tipsy.

For dinner we had sausage, redskin potato, and saur kraut.

silverRowan1980
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

@bookworm said:
    Its hard to get a haircut on Christmas.

Meaning???

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@bookworm said: Its hard to get a haircut on Christmas.

>

@Nirvana said:Meaning???

Meaning he's one of the worst procrastinators ever. :D

Just kidding, @bookworm - but you knew that. <3

bookwormNirvana
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

@Nirvana said:
    Meaning???

Most barbershops close on Christmas, mine actually closed a day before Christmas.

Nirvana
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Why wait until Christmas to get a haircut? Plan ahead: Have one 2 weeks ahead....!

bookworm
  • RhodianRhodian Loser Veteran

@federica said:
    Why wait until Christmas to get a haircut? Plan ahead: Have one 2 weeks ahead....!

Lol I actually was planning to get a haircut before christmass but didn't even bother to look for one. I did get a christmascard from my hairdresser though (I only went there once 3 months ago.) So the christmascard left a feeling of 'you are lazy' Or well that's what I made out of it.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Perception is often Deception.
    Christmas cards from companies are means of trying to get you to come back to them for your service, because they depend on clients to remain buoyant and in business. It wasn't admonishing you.
    it was a plea for you to use them again.

It's interesting that instead of enjoying the fact that someone wished you a merry Christmas, as one of their valued clients, you saw it as a negative message.

You really need to turn your mind-set around from "everyone is giving me veiled criticisms" to "at least they think enough of me, to bring me into the equation"....

And I say the above with care and consideration of you. Not to criticise!!

Rhodianlobster
  • Yes, we have goats all around at my parents' house. Even one on the Christmas tree.
    And no, we're not Satan's little helpers.

I guess eating voraciously is also part of the tradition. (Trust me, four toasts with whipped cream and jam and four pieces of cake is probably not the best breakfast ever. But at least it tastes good.)

silverKundo
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran

Of course I celebrate the birth of OUR savior! o:)
    Crazy ;) not to.