Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Your favorite yoga pose at the moment.

Since I believe buddhism and yoga can go hand in hand a lot, there must be at least a few that practice yoga to.

So I was wondering do any of you have a favorite pose? I enjoy the lion breath/Simhasana a lot, it's such a silly pose but so awesome.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I don't do Yoga.
    I practise (and used to teach) Qi Gong. There are some movements I am naturally drawn to. "The Archer targets the quarry" is one, as is "Adding to the sphere of Chi".
    But I doubt anyone knows precisely what I mean by that..... :)

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I enjoy poses where I stretch, because they make me feel like I grow an inch afterwards: forward bend -both with legs together and spread apart-, standing hand to feet, the wheel, the triangle, the pigeon....
    I also love staying several rounds of breaths in the headstand.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I taught myself yoga from a book back in the mid-80's and LOVED it. . . from a book by John Hittleston or something like that, a 30-day program. I practiced my routine every night for years and I like the Lion, as well...and more, including this one:

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

But this is the one I want to get back my ability to do - awesome pose:

[The Plow]
    :)

• RhodianRhodian Loser Veteran

@silver‌
    Got a great neck injury from that one... :( Now I learned to keep my neck still lol.

@Rhodian said:
    silver‌
    Got a great neck injury from that one... :( Now I learned to keep my neck still lol.

>

Ooch! Yeah, 'it' didn't do it, you pushed yourself beyond your personal limit, as well as not keeping your neck still (which I don't quite get, but that's ok). Just a reminder!

• RhodianRhodian Loser Veteran

@Silver, naah I made the mistake of thinking I will put my neck on the ground. I later learned your suposed to tuck the chin in. That's what I meant with keeping the neck still.

@Rhodian said:
    Silver, naah I made the mistake of thinking I will put my neck on the ground. I later learned your suposed to tuck the chin in. That's what I meant with keeping the neck still.

>

Gotcha! Not knowing the proper technique. (*)

Rhodian
  • Tadasana and Shavasana are my current favourites <3

which are two of the most advanced yoga poses/asana.

Most people overlook their importance. B)

@silver said:
    John Hittleston or something like that

John Hittleston = Richard Hittleman

http://www.lionsroar.com/buddhism-and-yoga-where-the-paths-cross/

karasti
  • Here is Mr Cushions favourite pose variation of 'The Child' asana

. . . another overlooked advanced pose

Children often sleep in this asana. Natural yogis.

SarahT
    edited January 2015

Thanks for the name correction, @lobster. I always had trouble remembering his name.

Here's my favorite - I call her my girl - she does RH's type of yoga mostly. Her colorful outfits are, as we girls like to say 'to die for.' It's always exciting and relaxing at the same time, to follow along with her videos. Love Wai Lani. <3

and she's doing one of my top favorite poses - forgot what it's called, though.

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

pidgin pose or

"lotus lunge"

• I prefer advanced sitting poses. Young kids do this instinctively.
    Adults need a five minute instruction with props including a bolster cushion (yes Mr Cushion, it is an anagram of lobster, thanks for the reminder)

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

What about the Five Tibetan Rites?
    Nothing like the rites to get that kundalini rising... :)

sova
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    Those 5 Tibetan Rites are awesome! Watched a video where the girl does them 21 times each.. aside from getting real dizzy at the beginning thanks to the spins, feeling very energized! Thanks for that @DhammaDragon
    Buddhadragon
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I do yoga daily. If you have problems with your neck in plough pose or shoulder, put a folded blanket under your shoulders and neck, it will offer more support. And use a chair to put your feet on behind you so your feet don't sink too close to the floor before you are ready.

My favorite poses depend on how I feel each day. I like fire log pose, triangle, shoulder stand, camel pose, I've come to like some of the bound poses but depends on the day. I really like reverse namaste, and tree pose. They are probably my absolute favorites, and I do them often during my day. I have not yet worked up to handstands, I'm afraid my feet will go through the wall, LOL.