Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

relating to a person in suffering

I love this blog! Thanks for introducing it to me, Genkaku. This post "What are the depths to which you will go?" was particularly wonderful, compassionate and insightful.
http://nyoho.com/2013/09/

Comments

• Hi @lyra,
    <3
    Wonderful site as you say. Are you a Zenith?

• Hi @lobster,
    I'm glad you too like the site. I am non sectarian for now. It is difficult to decide among the delightful smorgasbord of Buddhism. My favorite teachers are Ezra Bayda, Pema Chodron, the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hanh, Tara Brach, Sharon Salzberg, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Sakyong Mipham, Jack Kornfield, Mark Epstein, Rick Hanson, Jean Smith, Lama Surya Das, Rodney Smith, and Reginald Ray. Who are your favorite teachers? Are you a Zenith?

• My favourite teachers tend to be dead or Boddhisatvas. I quite like Manjusri because he carries a sword and I find that keeps everyone on their toes . . .

No Zen is too formal for me. I did belong to on line Treeleaf.com Zendo for a while until I accidentally worked out how to join them in a cyber conference meditation. After that it was all downhill . . . maybe I will go again as long as they don't try and knit me an apron . . . which is what they wear . . . Great community and teachers, especially with me not there . . . B)

Jeffrey