Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just A Thought...

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited March 2015 in General Banter

"Now" is like a moving train, it never stops to pick up the passengers waiting on the platform station of illusion's edge ...It takes patience and practice to board it...And once on board there is nothing to hold on to...The moment one tries to cling, one will promptly be thrust back into the illusion to patiently wait for (the next) "Now" to appear...

Do you have a ticket to ride?

Just a thought...

Earthninja

Comments

• I tend to misplace mine from time to time.

ShoshinKundo
  • I would say establish your wishes and priorities and then wait for the trains that relate to your most important wishes.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    I would say establish your wishes and priorities and then wait for the trains that relate to your most important wishes.

Why wait @Jeffrey ? One can't take baggage on board....

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I have an open-ended return.....

Shoshin
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I've got a one-way ticket to the gates of oblivion! ;)

Shoshin
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Just a thought...
    Wisdom begins in wondering, but not in over-wondering, @Shoshin...

Do we need to pin the concept of "now" to actually enjoy it to the utmost?

Shoshin
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited March 2015

I find that the value of seeing the essence of "Now" is for how easily it forgives us for our other moments of idiocy. Each moment a new being, a new world, a new opportunity to be mindful.

ShoshinBuddhadragon

Yes, impermanence can become a very positive thing.

Shoshin
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Here it comes!

Opps, there it goes!

I'm guessing standing on the track is a bad idea?
    ShoshinBuddhadragon

How often have you walked down the street passing people with that far away/vacate look in their eyes...Lost in the illusion... All the lights are on but nobody home...Miles away from the truth...Or perhaps you haven't had time to notice...

"Durangamam ekacaram-asariram guhasayam
    Ye cittam sannamessanti - mokkhanti mara bandhana"

" Faring far, wandering alone, bodiless, lying in a cave, is the mind. Those who subdue it are freed from the bond of Mara"

pegembara
    edited March 2015

@DhammaDragon said:..

Do we need to pin the concept of "now" to actually enjoy it to the utmost?

When "I" first looked into "being in the moment" my thoughts were mistakenly thinking along the lines of the moment being somewhat 'static' (fixed) something that one entered into and not so much "went with the flow of" ... The moving train represents the "Now" that one flows with....Observing the flux of which the observer is part of...

I think because one needs to use words as a means of conventional communication when describing the "absolute" (ultimate) it can be effing hard to eff the ineffable (well for me anyway- I was never really any good at English).... :D

lobster

If you want to spend more time in the present place your mobile phone in a bucket of water and leave it there!

Shoshinsilver

@SpinyNorman said:
    If you want to spend more time in the present place your mobile phone in a bucket of water and leave it there!

@SpinyNorman I'm just on the phone, I'll be with you in a moment :D

how
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@ SpinyNorman
    And before cell phones, did folks have problems with finding ways not to be present???

Shoshin

No, everything was perfect in the 1950s, children knew to be seen and not heard so it was much more peaceful, and people had good manners and would play cricket on a Sunday afternoon and go to church regularly and such like.... ;)

howsilverShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

..."Another Pleasant Valley Sunday...."

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@federica said:
    ..."Another Pleasant Valley Sunday...."

Ahh...awesome blast from the past! =)