Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sing.... Sing A Song....

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited March 2015 in General Banter

New Game:

RULES:

Song titles only.
(Mention Artist to help location, if you want)
However, the song must be traceable, but NO VIDEOS!!
Discussion must be comprehensible.
In other words, one song title (not Album title - song title) must seemingly naturally follow on from the previous one, as if in response....

Vastmind

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited March 2015

Sorry.... I dunno why it's so hard for me. It's a good a game, I thought!

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I thought it would be where we think of a song that in one way or another relates to the song title.....I don't think many of us could be all that specific - and I loves music. shrug

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@silver said:
    I thought it would be where we think of a song that in one way or another relates to the song title.....I don't think many of us could be all that specific - and I loves music. shrug

Nope.
    I'm honestly surprised. Genuinely, I am....

I played this game on another forum and we got quite the most hilarious and continued 'conversation' going. It's hit 45 pages so far and is still going....

With the playlist of songs available from the 30's onwards, It's really not that hard!
    Somebody gives a song title. (If you want to give the artist afterwards, fine, just for 'connectivity) but then the next person responds to that "comment" with an appropriate song title for themselves.... and so on....

So, to take @karasti's song: (From Jesus Christ Superstar)

Can we start again, Please?

A suitable response would be:

Alright (Janet Jackson)

Then, the next person could ask:

Where do we go from here? (Vanessa Williams)

Let's take a ride (Justin Timberlake)

*Let me be there** (Olivia Newton John)

Please, come to Bostson (Dave Loggins)

What have you done for ME lately? (Janet Jackson)

I just want to be with you (N'sync)

Let's wait a while (Janet Jackson)

How am I supposed to live without you? (Michael Bolton)

Be young, be foolish be happy..(Tams)

See? It's really not too difficult!

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

That explanation helps...my 'inventory' of songs isn't as extensive as some - I'll jump in when I can.....where do we pick up now? I'll see you in 10 hrs though - nitey-nite.
    :3

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

OK: Let's try one - more - time.

All my Rowdy friends are coming over tonight

• John, I'm only dancing

Don't rock the Jukebox!

• It's a sin

Don't worry, baby....

• We can work it out

• (Yes, yes but) Whole lotta shakin' going on

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Where the heart is
    edited March 2015

( @ourself, could you explain the follow-on...? )

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    I guess I missed the post prior...

Don't worry, Baby, we can work it out where the heart is

Well,
    I left MY heart in San Francisco....

edited March 2015
    The San Francisco treat

(do famous jingles count?)

(If I ain't heard 'em, they ain't famous.... :D )

You're not simply 'connecting words'... One song title has to naturally be a follow-on from the previous, as if you were having a conversation with someone (see samples above).

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

can't we just free associate with song titles?

• NamadaNamada Veteran

mama iam coming home

• Sad but True (Metallica)

@SpinyNorman said:
    can't we just free associate with song titles?

...What....? No! That's why games have rules, isn't it? because otherwise anyone could just add whatever they wanted.... That's the whole point of the game - to have a discourse via the titles! Otherwise it would just be another 'word association' game!

@Namada said:
    mama iam coming home

(Artist?)

@Telly03 said:
    Sad but True (Metallica)

(responding to.... What?)

I guess you may have to dumb it down for this crowd (or i should speak for myself) because I can't even understand the lyrics to many if not most songs I hear on the radio - let alone song titles - oldies fer me - relatively speaking.......that crowd on the other forum is aces with millions of song titles, but the way it started out here (the basic game premise is awesome and I wish I'd thought of it meself). Just my 2 cents here.
    =)

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

You don't need to just think of songs off the top of your head. You can just google for song titles with a word in mind related to the previous song. For example when there was a "no" "yes" bit going on yesterday I googled for "song titles maybe" and it brought up songs with "maybe" in it. Then I had to leave and didn't get a chance to post it. Or just find an alphabetized list of rock song hits, or wedding songs or country songs or oldies or disco or whatever, and look through the list.

federica
  • @federica said:

Sad but true that I'm returning home to mama

I honestly never imagined folks here would find this such a challenge! :D

It's exactly as @karasti says: You don't honestly think I know all these songs and titles by heart, do you...?!
    Part of the fun is digging them up and finding them and posting them!

• Now I shall never know how the story ended... :) Some rowdy people were coming to a party, but (a bit later on) everything went fine. Just some dancing and rock music (which was a "sin"). "Don't worry baby..." "But I'm still worried because whole lotta shakin goin on".

@Telly03 said:
    sad but true

She's not there. (Santana)

I give up.

karasti
  • "Glass bead games" are interesting! But the participants have to be on the same wavelength and they have to speak the same language. I live in my own (fantasy) world and English is not my language.

Another glass bead association: Hesse, who wrote "Siddharta", is my favourite writer!

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited March 2015

@federica ozzy osburne is the artist (song mama iam coming home)

• NamadaNamada Veteran

@federica said "She's not there. (Santana)"

from paris to berlin - infernal (mama is going from paris to berlin)

Fine. Whatever, you guys take it from here, I'm done! ;)

It's a fantastic idea for a game - I think peeps here were thinking it's like the word association game, in that like in the card game of War, you just flip out a quick answer according to what's already in our own little memory banks - What?? @federica you're not gonna pull your pants up and go home now, are ya? :anguished:

• @federica said:
    I give up.

"Giving Up Is Hard To Do" Donny Hathaway

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"Sing...Sing a song" Oooppsssssssss

@silver said:
    It's a fantastic idea for a game - I think peeps here were thinking it's like the word association game, in that like in the card game of War, you just flip out a quick answer according to what's already in our own little memory banks - What?? federica you're not gonna pull your pants up and go home now, are ya? :anguished:

Yeah, why not? The game's not figuring the way I carefully explained it, in detail. No matter how much I tried to point the "rules" out people were still not getting it, so really, I'm quite happy to let everyone get on with it the way they want...
    It's not a problem... like most threads it will slowly slip in the ratings and make way for other more topical things.

It's cool, I'm not sweating it! ;)

edited March 2015

"I Did it My Wa-a-a-a-ay" - Frank Sinatra (my MOM had a crush on him when he was still a pencil-necked scrawny kid). B)

• bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

My way or the highway

(I had food poisoning Tuesday, yup been on that) Highway to Hell :anguished:

• because I was Knockin on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan) and nobody answered

silver
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited March 2015

led zeppelin - stairway to heaven