Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Unique Buddha

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited March 2015 in Buddhism Today

http://yinyana.tumblr.com/day/2013/09/12

In YinYana Buddhism the teachings are always given by the newest cult recruit. A trick I learned from an esoteric Rosicrucian group I attended for a short while.

People are remarkable and unique in terms of life experiences, present situation, practice efforts, difficulties, conflicted being and ultimately transcendent transformation and awakening.

Sadly I was kicked out of the YinYana immediately I started it. Members are not allowed.

However if you are a Buddha and even if a beginner, what is your teaching expression?

Comments

• EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran
    More and more I'm understanding to point out what there is, rather than a belief.

Although I don't teach, I don't feel qualified until I'm sure who exactly I am.

You?
    Shoshinlobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@lobster said:

However if you are a Buddha and even if a beginner, what is your teaching expression?

By example which leads to experience....No special techniques apart from the good old keisaku

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I think my favourite teaching method would be getting everyone to place their mobile phones in a bucket of water as a mindfulness training.... ;)

• @Earthninja said:
    More and more I'm understanding to point out what there is, rather than a belief.

Sounds good :)

Although I don't teach, I don't feel qualified until I'm sure who exactly I am.

You?

Not sure I am even qualified to learn . . . in fact not even sure 'I am' . . . oh the humanity . . .

One of my favourite books which I have read many times is 'Learning How to Learn' by Idries Shah. I even had to do an experimental course at the Open University 'How to think', which I barely passed, mostly because I think too far out of the box . . . right into the wrestling ring :3

However I have been an IT teacher of adults and mostly that involved developing people's capacity to think for themselves rather being automatons.

. . . and now back to the Unique Buddhas . . .

Earthninja