Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

unexpected wisdom of the bunny

sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

Had an inkling a while ago that animals like deer and rabbits are actually quite noble.

Now, I see the truth.

https://twitter.com/bunnybuddhism

Feb 22: The beauty of a carrot lies in knowing that no carrot lasts forever.

Feb 3: As the sun causes ice to melt, a kind bunny causes hostility to fade.

Jan 23: If the hop is generous, it does not matter how big or small a hop it is.

silverlobsterNirvanaBuddhadragonNichy

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I particularly liked this teaching:

"One must calm the bunny mind, for a single disturbed thought creates ten thousand distracted hops..."

And please never eat bunnies, we need them all as teachers!

lobstersovamockeymindrohit
  • Fluffy Bunny Dharma. Had to happen. Bunnies are delicious. o:)
    If you are a bunny do not click on the button . . .

. . . this message sponsored by foxy dharma.

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

@lobster (foxy lady by Jimi Hendrix in Miami '68)

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

I can imagine a children's book about Dharma just like this . . . starring a bunny, or the child's favorite animal . . .

Buddhadragonsova
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Hamsaka said:
    I can imagine a children's book about Dharma just like this . . . starring a bunny, or the child's favorite animal . . .

Pooh an' Piglet kinda dun that already.... :)

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@federica said:
    Pooh an' Piglet kinda dun that already.... :)

Mostly, they did the Tao thing...

sova
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2015

@sova said:
    (foxy lady by Jimi Hendrix in Miami '68)

Many thanks. <3

B) Eh what's up doc?

I am perhaps overly wary of New Age Fluffy Bunny dharma, it seems harmless but is often just mind fluff. Should dharma be cute . . . (as the chick said to the bunny)

sova
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Weird to think that when they're adults, they're delicious.....

(I said that 'out loud', didn't I.... :open_mouth: ) :D

lobsterBuddhadragonmockeymind

@Hamsaka said:

http://www.amazon.com/Banyan-Deer-Parable-Courage-Compassion/dp/0861716256/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426840966&sr=8-1&keywords=the+banyan+deer

=)

The Banyan Deer

This inspiring tale reminds us that no one can be truly at peace unless all beings have a chance for peace, freedom, and happiness. The Banyan Deer is a wonderful, heart-warming gift for anyone who loves a great story. This beautiful hardcover edition will delight both adults and children alike.

Hamsaka
  • PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited March 2015

My lizard was cute as a kitten :) I didn't buy it from a pet shop. It was found from a cargo of a ship.

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

@federica said:
    Weird to think that when they're adults, they're delicious.....

(I said that 'out loud', didn't I.... :open_mouth: ) :D

We need a gasp, vomit and faint button beneath the posts, cuz I'd have managed to push it before the 'visuals' kicked in :dizzy:

I ate duck once, many years ago, when I was young and ingnernt. Rabbit, I think, too. On Easter.

lobster

Letter to Agony Aunt in British Ladies' magazine ("Woman's Realm", Circa 1960):

"Dear Thelma,
    I am in a great deal of distress and don't know what to do.
    I think my mother in law hates me.
    Every time we go round there, she says she's prepared a delicious chicken casserole, or chicken hotpot, or chicken in cream sauce.
    I don't believe she's feeding us chicken, I think she's feeding us rabbit.
    She knows I couldn't bear the thought of eating rabbit, as I love them, and have two as pets.
    I am convinced she's feeding us rabbit, but she insists it's chicken. I maintain she is trying to hurt my feelings and am totally sure it's rabbit. My husband doesn't know whether it's rabbit or chicken and doesn't want to get involved.
    How can I prove she's feeding me rabbit and not chicken?"

Came the two-word reply:

"Eat wings".

silverBuddhadragon
  • PöljäPöljä Veteran
    edited March 2015

@Pöljä said:

This is a well known (?) graphic why people consider bunnies etc cute. It's a natural instinct.

The objectification of women doesn't always go down well here.

lobstersova
  • Just suggesting a bunny that might have wisdom of some sort to share....she is modestly dressed, especially by today's standards. Sorry for any insult .

@sndymorn said:
    Just suggesting a bunny that might have wisdom of some sort to share....she is modestly dressed, especially by today's standards. Sorry for any insult .

Yes. Her wisdom 'of some sort to share', consists of 'don't be a Bunny'.

sovasndymorn
  • @sova said:
    Had an inkling a while ago that animals like deer and rabbits are actually quite noble.

'No bunny has greater love for Mr Fox than to lay down his life for his hungry friend.'

I am a great believer in noble ducks, venison and wabbits. I was recently watching an extreme fishing program. It does seem very cruel but fish is yummy [I am as a lobster completely unbiased] :p

Tweety pie. Yum!

• "I thought I saw a cute pussy cat. And it looks so hungry..."

lobster
  • Bugs Bunny! Now we are talking.

That is he is talking: Bugs Bunny I mean.

federica
  • This is the best Looney Tunes channel :)

sovasndymorn

@federica said:
    Letter to Agony Aunt in British Ladies' magazine ("Woman's Realm", Circa 1960):

"Dear Thelma,
    I am in a great deal of distress and don't know what to do.
    I think my mother in law hates me.
    Every time we go round there, she says she's prepared a delicious chicken casserole, or chicken hotpot, or chicken in cream sauce.
    I don't believe she's feeding us chicken, I think she's feeding us rabbit.
    She knows I couldn't bear the thought of eating rabbit, as I love them, and have two as pets.
    I am convinced she's feeding us rabbit, but she insists it's chicken. I maintain she is trying to hurt my feelings and am totally sure it's rabbit. My husband doesn't know whether it's rabbit or chicken and doesn't want to get involved.
    How can I prove she's feeding me rabbit and not chicken?"

Came the two-word reply:

"Eat wings".

So back in the day in Japan, Buddhist monks were prohibited from eating meat to some degree. Due to some translations of characters they narrowed it down "you can eat winged animals (like birds) but not anything else, other than veggies and soy and stuff of course" ...

Somehow, they were able to convince people that rabbits' ears were so big because they used to be "wings" that shrank down.

To this day, when counting rabbits in Japan, one uses the counting marker for "wings" (the same as would be used for swans and hummingbirds).

1 pair of wings, 2 pair of wings.

Totally random, but seemed relevant.

sndymornlobster
  • Ajahn Bugs then. =)

sova