Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Christian privilege in the United States.

2»

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Well, it isn't just your White American culture seeking Christian privilege. Today I did some shopping at our only good Asian food store (Asian Pacific Market) here Colorado Springs, and I just noticed the sales receipt has a prominent Christian cross on it.

• SarahTSarahT Time ... space ... joy South Coast, UK Veteran

@federica said:
    (Do you know the 'joke' I was referring to...? )

Not one that rings a bell but there are lots of other Dave Allen vids on youtube so hoping to hit it eventually! :chuffed:

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@SarahT said: Not one that rings a bell but there are lots of other Dave Allen vids on youtube so hoping to hit it eventually!

DA starts by recounting the tale of the woman about to be stoned by the crowd, and his respose to them:

"Let he who has no sin, cast the first stone."
    In spite of their protests, he repeats his admonishment, until slowly, one by one, grumbling and muttering under their breath, the whole crowd reluctantly drop their stones, and quietly drift away...

..Except one.
    One person is standing there, with a wry grin, slowly tossing their stone up and down in their hand, taunting Jesus; to which he responds -

"Mother... put that stone down....."

Rowan1980SarahT
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran