Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2015

"And God said, let there be light!" And lo! Several thousand years later, two Chinese put it to good use.

Lawd bless 'em, ain't that grand. :)

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Is this an example of clinging?

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

The Taliban will have to ban light next. ;)

Daozen
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@vinlyn said:
    Is this an example of clinging?

I see your point, but I'm not sure I agree.... Is Household maintenance, 'clinging'? Is monument restoration, 'clinging'...? Is having a school janitor to do odd-jobs, 'clinging'?

I'm not sure where we can draw the line between 'maintenance' for the sake of clinging, and maintenance for the sake of continuity....
    It was a compassionate gesture on the part of those organising and funding this. Their Intention, I think, was wholesome...

So while I can see what you mean, I'm not certain we can simply label it 'clinging'....

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    edited June 2015

I'm not sure I agree either. But I do wonder if it is clinging to a past that is gone. It may not be. It was just a thought.

Yes, I would say it was good intent, providing things like this are not done to poke a stick in the belief of locals.