Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

10th anniversary of London 7/7 bombings

DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
edited July 2015 in General Banter

It seems a long time ago now, but I've no doubt it's still fresh in the memory of the survivors and the victims' families. I missed one of the tube bombs by 24 hours.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jul/07/july7-anniversary-victim-family-interview

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

We held a minute's silence today at work.
    We placed large prominent notices everywhere for the public to read, and at 11.30, the store lights dimmed.

Great respect everyone; you could have heard a pin drop.

Two ladies in my particular till queue, had tears in their eyes.

As did I.

The lights then went up, and it was as if nothing had happened....kind of like one of those sci-fi movies, where someone makes time stand still, then activates everything again, and everyone is unaware they've just stood still....

Very odd experience.
    Glad I witnessed it.

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited July 2015

Besides the personal tragedy and sorrow, here is a pretty good Associate Press wrap on the 'terrorism' measures piggy-backed on the tragedy itself.

PS. I watched some of the ceremonies on TV news and found myself crying ... as much for the silence as anything else.

Bunks