Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Good films

2»

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited September 2015

I'm not meaning to focus on this because its really not that big of a deal in the overall picture but since this thread is about movies and this specific movie came up I suppose its ok to go a little overboard (no pun intended, though since this is written I can rewrite so I guess the pun is intended now) :o

It was something like

both versions of his story (with animals and the true story with people) has all the same essential points but the version with animals is more enjoyable and its the same with life, all things are the same with or without God so therefore he says that his story will make you believe in God because believing is the more enjoyable choice to make.

I'm totally on board with it being a great movie but that just made me feel manipulated.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I was a bit mystified whenever the two guys would talk and I just let it be if I don't get what's being said / pointed to. I guess I took it as part of the dreamlike quality of the film overall. I ignore what I don't understand and if it's meant to be, some day it will hit me what was meant.

• bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran
    edited September 2015

No Country For Old Men is my favorite film of all time, the villain in the film is the best movie villain to have ever graced the big screen.

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

There's a good one on Netflix with Simon Pegg called Hector and the Search for Happiness. Its about a psychiatrist who is depressed so he goes on a long trip around the world trying to find the secret to happiness.

Walker