Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

beautiful women make me cry

2»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@robot said:
    My problem with Federica's response has nothing to do with her objection to women being objectified. She should feel any way she feels. It was her inappropriate response that I have a problem with.
    She attacked the op for asking for advice about how to deal with the problems that she demanded him to stop doing.

No I didn't.
    I criticised him for having the problem to begin with, because it was an indication of the objectification of women.
    I never stated he should not be seeking advice. I found it deplorable that he held the sentiments to begin with.

Her response was aimed at cutting off a mans attempt to even examine the problem from his own point of view.

How about attempting to see it from a woman's PoV?
    Perhaps the fact that such views are an example of objectification never occurred to him, and now, I think there is little doubt of it.

Now the thread is sunk. It's a control problem that she has.

Actually, it's the abysmal lack of control many men demonstrate that is my problem.

That's the way it looks to me.

Yes, that's the way it looks to you.

Boys and men are shamed for having and expressing their feelings in all societies even by their mothers and fathers sometimes.

Let's not go into that little contest....
    If you want to express your true feelings, please go ahead and do so.
    But please do not trivialise,, vilify, objectify or disrespect women while you do so, because that is not, and never will be, an automatic right men assume they have, that I will tolerate.

That is what you have done, federica. Your rush to judgement is working against your wish for men to be more enlightened about women's right to be equal in all things.

No, I don't think it is. If anything it abruptly stops men in their tracks from expressing sentiments which have tendencies to trivialise what women really mean, signify and represent in society.
    If one single thing I say has a "bucket of cold water" effect, then I did that.

Ask twaitsfan about how willing he is to now discuss his feelings on this forum. Ask me.

Anybody and everybody is entirely free, welcome and open to discussing whatever feelings they have, or need to discuss. The 'Members only' forum is testimony to that.
    However, please don't feel you have a right to condemn me for my opinions and the expression of them.
    He discussed his feelings.
    I responded by discussing mine.
    That they engendered the responses they did... may be a good thing.
    It may not.
    It depends on 'your' perspective.

I know your perspective.
    And I know it is not necessarily the majority view.

Mine isn't either, but I'm used to that....

Jason
  • robotrobot Veteran

I have no illusions about the possibility of you seeing where you are wrong here. Not to worry.
    Anyway, I apologize for suggesting that it was you who sank the thread.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Sad that you believe such a discussion must necessarily hold a 'wrong' and a 'right'....

I accept your apology, and thank you for it.
    It's disappointing, though, that it doesn't surprise me that you made that assumption.

• Women smile at me all the time.

It is, after all, the first step of laughing.

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

I have taken the liberty of sinking this thread, not Fede. And because of the personal attacks against her for being a 'controlling' women, I'm now taking the liberty of closing it. Feel free to call the MRM and lobby a complaint.

This discussion has been closed.