Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Letting go

13»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

It depends which way up your hand is.....

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

And whether ice cream is involved.....

• Or chocolate...

• @silver said:
    I think (!) I'm in the same fix, SN...I've heard the non-duality / non-separation thing for at least 3 years now, and nowadays, I'll be driving around or hanging around and I'll look at a tree, for example, and say, "shrug - what do YOU make of it, Mr. Tree?"
    I mean seriously, I really do that! :grin:

B)

So the tree is part of you. You are talking to yourself. <3
    In essence the boundary of self is extended into what you experience ...

However It is also true that a tree is an expression of its being. That being we can not know except as it relates to our projection/interpretation of tree being.

So this is how the rock or tree 'is in our head'.

This explains how the boundary of self can be extended into 'what we experience' - being if you will.

However though that has an experiental truth it does not correlate with reality 'as it is', which we can never know in its essence,

Letting go then is knowing 'nothing is what it seems' yet 'what it seems' is what we are.

Emptiness is form and form is emptiness :)

• Ah, but that ice cream still tastes goooooood!

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I shall be one with the Intrinsic Purity of Vanilla!

lobster