Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Scorsese's "Silence" - Not a Review

Scorsese's "Silence" is his film based on the novel by Shusaku Endo. The book and film are a fictionalized account of the persecution of Christians in 17th-century Japan; the central figures are Jesuit missionaries. Throughout the fictionalized account I Googled as much as I watched. In case you have not seen the film I will skirt around the storyline. Liam Neeson's Father character made sense at times when referencing religious life in Japan during the 1600's. An unnamed English speaking official dialogue on the state of Japan and its reasoning toward Christianity also made sense. Here is where I stop talking about the film. I got into my Mystery Science Theater 3000 mode and silent commentary which helped me get through Scorsese "Goodfella's" scenes. Laughing and crying is the same release according to Joni Mitchell.

lobster