Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ignorance is the only enemy

2»

Comments

• JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran

@David said:
    Yeah, @Snakeskin seems to have a talent for wording. @Lobster ain't half bad either.

I may not come across this way all the time but I like seeing where the compassion comes in. Like where the no nonsense logic of it all stems from because I think the worst disease to ever plague this senscience is the disease of us and "them".

In the end, I think wisdom and compassion become synonymous. I guess we will see.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited January 2018

That's the idea, I think.

Or at least one should always temper the other.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2018

@JaySon said:

@federica said:
    Why didn't you just say that in the first place? It would have saved a whole load of blah blah....

Why are you almost always rude?

Like when? I wasn't being rude; there's a difference between cutting to the chase and getting a point across succinctly and clearly, and being rude. It comes with the territory...
    If you'd like to point out to me where else I have been 'rude' I'd gladly reconsider your opinion.

• JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran

@federica said:

@JaySon said:

@federica said:
    Why didn't you just say that in the first place? It would have saved a whole load of blah blah....

Why are you almost always rude?

Like when? I wasn't being rude; there's a difference between cutting to the chase and getting a point across succinctly and clearly, and being rude. It comes with the territory...
    If you'd like to point out to me where else I have been 'rude' I'd gladly reconsider your opinion.

I'm not attacking you. Just wondering if there's a teaching purpose to all your abrasive posts or what. I'm from the south so I guess I'm just used to politeness and manners and holding the door open for people, but I can see your point now why your posts are like that.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I'm not here to teach, I'm here to watch.
    And I don't set out to be abrasive; there's much hidden in simply putting words onto a screen. Without having a person in front of us, it's difficult - at times, impossible - to discern their communication manner at that moment.

I don't think abrasively either; I just consider what I want to say, then try to be as brief as possible, brevity being, apparently, the soul of wit.
    Please don't mistake my method of communication as that of someone with no manners, politeness or courtesy.
    I can promise you, brought up in the Old School ways of my parents, standards - and not loosening them - is a strong influence running through my veins.
    And I am (like it or not, which sometimes I don't) the 'Monitor' of politeness, courtesy and manners, on this forum. Joyfully recently joined by a new Moderator, I have been for far too long, virtually the sole 'Head Prefect' on this forum, for the past 13 years.

Trust me, that's a long time, during which I have had to learn much, both about myself and the skills required.
    Ain't quit learnin' yet, neither.....

David