Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Crop Circles

emmakemmak Veteran
edited June 2005 in General Banter
I thought this was the better place to post this, does anyone know much about crop circles? Simons' post and the montion of Stonehenge reminded me of the subject. I understand there are a lot of sites similar to Stonehenge in Britain and through Europe, and that crop circles pop up around these sites. Anyone got any opinions? :confused:

Comments

• edited June 2005
    Everyone has an opinion about crop circles - I can only offer you my experiences of them.

I grew up in WIltshire and had a mother who was really into crop circles. I've probably been in 20+ circles in my life time.

There are faked circles but you can tell the difference because the stalks of the crops are broken, not bent as in real circles. It really is strangle to see the bent stalks as it looks as though the crop has 'grown' into a circle.

On a more emotional level you can really sense the difference between the two as real circles have a more calm, balanced, feeling. Whereas in a faked circle it really does feel more like a piece of vandalism!

For all you geometry lovers out there it has been proven, by satellite, that the circles in crop formations have a consistent radius, all 360 degrees. For circles formed on slopes - this proves that there are not formed by someone with a plank of wood and a lenth of rope attached to the center - otherwise the radius would be inconsistent.

In the end I'd say make up your own mind - but try to get yourself inside one, at least once, you might change your mind!

They are, after all, very beautiful!

MilkHillbig.jpg
  • edited June 2005
    Honestly I haven't read much on crop circles. I will say though that they are very beautiful and quite interesting.

I might do some research today on them and then get back this answer. :)
  • edited June 2005
    Anita,

Thanks for sharing! That picture is really funny. I needed a good laugh today. :lol:

Adiana :):)
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Crop circles are the bottom of alien spaceships. Maybe.......
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Awesome pic BSF. I have seen that one before and it remains a favourite. My brother in law is really into the whole thing and he has partly gotten me interested, partly freaked me out. Must have been magic to see the circles in real life. Thanks for input.
    Comic: interesting theory..... :)
    edited June 2005
    It's not a theory. It's fact. ;)
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    It's not a theory. It's fact. ;)

Where's the top then? :D
    edited June 2005
    The top is aimed at outer space. ;)

:bowdown: Take us to your leader.