Welcome home! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations
must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in?
Try clearing your browser's cookies.
I have noted all the suttas I've come across, which contain the dhamma for laypeople specifically. Inpired by another thread, I thought I'd share what I know and encourage you to share what you know.
My list is thus far:
- Digha Nikaya nr. 31, Sigalovada Sutta - The classic discourse to Sigalaka covering most of the householder's vinaya
- Anguttara Nikaya nr. 4.255, Kula Sutta - How families keep a fortune
- Anguttara Nikaya nr. 4.61 - 62, Anana Sutta - Discourse to Anāthapiṇḍika about wealth, fame, long life and more
- Anguttara Nikaya nr. 5.177, Vanijja Sutta - The things one should not deal in
- Anguttara Nikaya nr. 8.26, Jivaka Sutta - Discourse to Jivaka about the virtuous lay follower
- Anguttara Nikaya nr. 8.54, Dighajanu (Vyagghapajja) Sutta - Discourse mirroring some of Sigalovada Sutta
- Anguttara Nikaya nr. 11.13, Mahanama Sutta - Where householders should "stay" when bhikkhus leave
- Samyutta Nikaya nr. 42.2, Talaputa Sutta - Right view for actors
- Samyutta Nikaya nr. 42.3, Yodhajiva Sutta - Right view for soldiers
- Khuddaka Nikaya nr. 5, Sutta Nipata nr. 2.14, Dhammika Sutta - Householder and bhikkhu vinaya