Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What is the -entire- body?

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

@Rob_V said:
Like climbing into your own vehicle; you know which creaks, groans and sensations are normal and which spell potential trouble. You might even think or feel that it is part of you, but it is certainly not 'you'. Same principle.

This set me to thinking, how do we actually define our body? Is it everything we can feel on the inside with touch? It certainly isn’t everything we can feel on the outside, or we can see, or hear.

If you’ve ever had the experience of ‘inner seeing’ in meditation, as if you were seeing inside your body, then this might call up some feelings of confusion. Or if you’ve felt sensation of things that weren’t actually there, like a touch in an area outside your body.

Rob_V

Comments

• Rob_VRob_V North Carolina Explorer

I'd have to hide behind Occam's razor on this; the simplest answer is probably best. Each person's body is as they define it. I don't see the utility of overthinking the thing.

Shoshin1