Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How does a Sanga start?

JohnCobbJohnCobb Hot Springs Arkansas Explorer
edited May 2021 in Sanghas

I live in Hot Springs, Arkansas and would love to find a Mahayana temple, but I know there is not one near me. I'm not sure that there are very many Buddhists in my area. I would love to know how a Sanga is started. I'm just beginning on this path and it would be so nice to be a part of a local community.

Shoshin1

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It depends I think. There are different organisations who start Buddhist centres and then teachers come and visit, and a local Sangha starts up.

You could try and hang up some flyers and take out ads in local papers to try and find fellow buddhists and set up regular meetings, that’s one way to start a Sangha. Become the founder of the Buddhist Society of Hot Springs, Arkansas.

JohnCobbShoshin1