Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

🌻BUDDHISM CLASS FOR CHILDREN(Age 6-12) BY VEN. THICH TAM TIEN 🌻

DieubaoDieubao Connecticut New

Dear Parents,

As a mother of a 9 year old child, I have a strong wish for her to live a happy and peaceful life. However, I understand that no matter how carefully I shelter and protect her, eventually she must face challenges in life on her own. The best thing I can do for her right now is to help plant and nurture the wholesome seeds of kindness and compassion, wisdom and patience in a spacious mind and an inclusive heart. Because only from that foundation, can she truly live a free and happy life.

Realizing the importance for young children to have an education program that focuses on nurturing the mind, embracing the heart, and building morality, Ven. Thich Tam Tien has graciously accepted our invitation to teach a Buddhism class for children (age of 6-12). He will apply The Buddha's teaching to strengthen the positive qualities in the young minds and hearts. Our Dharma master (we call “Thay” in Vietnamese) has spent many years studying and teaching Buddhism in the US. Thay has a Master's Degree in Buddhism from Harvard University. He is now pursuing a Doctorate Degree in Ministry at Boston University. He has lead many Buddhist retreats and camps for young children. Most of all is the love and care Thay has for nurturing the young generation who are the future of our society in general and Buddhism in particular.

The class will be held via ZOOM, EVERY THURSDAY from 8:00pm-8:45pm (EST) starting MAY 9, 2024. Class is free of charge. If you would like your child to join the class, please contact Dieu Bao via email: ngoc9999@gmail.com or text: 517-897-4437 to register.

With loving kindness and compassion,

Dieu Bao

marcitkoShoshin1lobster

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Excellent. I may well be joining even though I am nearly 93. Back to basics is kinda my way … Mind you I will probably forget … :mrgreen:

marcitko
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

“In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's mind there are few.
    ~Shunryu Suzuki~

lobster