Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Disruption and high jinks....

2»

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Good call Mme Mod.

I remember a similar incident on a Pagan board - many of us moved en-masse and joined other sites. There are still people around bad-mouthing the mods on that fourm and I really can't see the point - we've moved out, they presumably are left alone doing their own thing and perfectly happy - fine. No problem.

Moon - if your only reason for joining was to get recruits, then sorry but if you would like to stay and talk about other things and have a bit of my excellent fruit cake, then grab a bean bag and please stay.
  • jj5jj5 Medford Lakes, N.J. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited January 2009
    federica wrote: »
    No, it's for storing biscuits in. Very often empty, not long after she's baked a new batch......
    Thanks, if that were at my house it would be empty as well.
  • edited January 2009
    federica wrote: »
    Due to unprecedented administrative problems at e-sangha, (I'm not prepared to say anything more) some prominent ex-members have formed a new website:

http://www.dhammawheel.com/index.php

This is exclusively a Theravada website, and has been created for Theravadans to be able to discuss, learn, study and debate with ease and in peace.
    of course, it goes without saying that Buddhists of other traditions are more than welcome to hop aboard and discuss with us.
    But the likes of:

That's a pretty good forum and has former e-Sangha members that really clarify a lot on Theravada tradition. I've following the Soto Zen tradition, but I do dig their forum. :)
  • edited January 2009
    Moon wrote: »
    in light of the Esangha - Watch closed thread, I wont be sticking around.
    Hi Moon,
    Rather than creating a 'negative', perhaps you should have tried to create a 'positive'.
    What I mean is that the time, money and effort you have put into the Esangha Watch project could have been used to establish a board which brings the teachings in a positive way to the world, rather than just a stick to bash Esangha with.

Even easier than that, just join this one. As angry as you are with the treatment you have received, it's obvious that Newbuddhist's purpose is not to function as a site for some kind of proxy-war against other Buddhist sites. The best response to bigotry is to present proper teachings, as a gift to those who seek.

Look at your own quote:
    "In this world
    Hate never yet dispelled hate.
    Only love dispels hate.
    This is the law,
    Ancient and inexhaustible."

So let's feel the love.

Namaste
  • edited January 2009
    srivijaya wrote: »
    Hi Moon,
    Rather than creating a 'negative', perhaps you should have tried to create a 'positive'.
    What I mean is that the time, money and effort you have put into the E-sangha Watch project could have been used to establish a board which brings the teachings in a positive way to the world, rather than just a stick to bash E-sangha with.

Even easier than that, just join this one. As angry as you are with the treatment you have received, it's obvious that Newbuddhist's purpose is not to function as a site for some kind of proxy-war against other Buddhist sites. The best response to bigotry is to present proper teachings, as a gift to those who seek.

Look at your own quote:
    "In this world
    Hate never yet dispelled hate.
    Only love dispels hate.
    This is the law,
    Ancient and inexhaustible."

So let's feel the love.

Namaste

I am not the owner of the site "E-Sangha Watch". Nor did I join to "gather recruits" for E-sangha. E-sangha is a huge group, it has no need to send out recruiters and I would not take part in "E-Sangha Watch" if you paid me.
    I joined because I happened upon this group and I thought it encouraged open discourse and dialogue. When a link and letter to the site " E-Sangha Watch" was posted here on these boards, and then closed, not allowing further discussion, I decided to leave.
    That thread has since been removed.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2009
    * After having spoken with those pertinent and central to this specific issue, and discovering that they wish to wholeheartedly distance themselves from any involvement or discussion, (wary that doing so would merely precipitate discord, perpetuate anger and possibly cause a schism of sorts) it was felt appropriate to therefore nip any discussion that might have led to something of that ilk occurring here.

The bottom line is that as far as we're concerned, whilst we enjoy a good discussion, lively debate and wholesome exchanges of ideas, opinions, views and perceptions - we discourage situations that might possibly lead to rifts, disputes and divisions.
    If you don't agree with that policy, you are of course, at liberty to say so, but Moderator decisions here are taken for the good of the Sangha, and are final.
    I'm afraid if that does not sit well with you, then you are more than welcome to vote with your feet.
    Go - or stay - the choice is of course, yours.
    We respect your decision, whichever way you feel you'd like to take it.

And now, as I started the thread, this seems a good point to end it. :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited January 2009
    What is going on? I'm so confused. Did a thread get deleted? :wtf:
This discussion has been closed.