Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Admin! Please read...

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited July 2005 in NewBuddhist.com
You know what would be nice in here?

Chat.

That's all I'm saying.

Michael

Comments

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Chat would be cool.
  • edited July 2005
    *agrees* twould be nice to be able to talk with you all now and then
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited July 2005
    Well, there chat module that's available for vbulletin is called FlashChat, and it's kinda slow. I'm going to wait until the major upgrade from vbulletin 3 (which we currently use) to vbulletin 3.5 - because the whole module loading system is going to change so if I go through a big ordeal to get flashchat working now, i'll have to re-do it all again when vb 3.5 comes out in a few weeks or so.

When 3.5 is running, tested, and stable, I'll revisit the idea. :)
  • edited July 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:
    You know what would be nice in here?

Chat.

That's all I'm saying.

Michael

Michael,

I like that idea, too!

Adiana :):lol:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Well, since I have never set anything up like that - I have no idea how much work is involved. And I honestly don't want anyone thinking I'm not terribly happy with the work that the Admin of this site has already made available to me.

Thanks...

Michael

P.S. But it would be cool to discuss things real-time instead of waiting for posts. :)

I know ... I'm obnoxious :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited July 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:
    But it would be cool to discuss things real-time instead of waiting for posts. :)
    Such an attachment to speed... ;)

I've always prefered forums. They demand more thought before replying and minimize ill-conceived statements. A chat feature might add an interesting dynamic, though.
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Matt I completely agree. Forums are like a conversation in mega slow motion. Lots of thought before posting. It is like hearing what you say before you say it.