Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A bit confused and concerned.

2»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    fivebells wrote: »
    Perhaps the solution there is to get rid of spirit worship altogether. :)
    yes.
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Perhaps the solution there is to get rid of spirit worship altogether. :)
    Good luck with that. :-)
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited December 2009
    I think forced internment in reeducation camps is probably the answer. :)
  • edited December 2009
    Of course it's the standard one! I challenge you to find differences in the meaning between the first part of 'Heart Jewel' and the Ganden Lha Gyema practised by Tibetan Gelugpas.

The difference is that Heart Jewel also contains the practice of the Wisdom Protector Dorje Shugden. Due to the Dalai Lama's propaganda, this practice now has a bad name amongst those who simply accept the Dalai Lama's word at face value without understanding his alterior motives. Ignorance and celebrity reigns, unfortunately, wisdom does not.

Anyone who wants to understand more about the Dalai Lama and the political degeneration of Buddhism that has resulted from his actions should read this book:

http://www.westernshugdensociety.org/en/agd

Well done you have highlighted the point that the NKT practice is not the standard one because it contains the gyalpo practice! I would suggest to you that you read the Yellow Book, which explicity states that Shugden has caused the death of many practitioners because they have mixed their dharma. Sectarian or what! In fact the mere existence of this document is highly suspicious. Why need it be made for anything other than political motives?

http://www.nktworld.org/YellowBook.pdf

I am also aware that the NKT deliberately trawls the internet attempting to silence anyone who dare say anything untoward about them. Is that your intention?

Do you know what, forget it. I cant be bothered to have a schoolyard rant over who is right and who is wrong. It serves no purpose other than to increase the klesas. All I wanted to do was inform people in the nicest way of certain problems but I have instead had my head bitten off.

I wish you all the best.

Peace and trees

Fenrir
  • edited December 2009
    Fenrir wrote: »
    I am also aware that the NKT deliberately trawls the internet attempting to silence anyone who dare say anything untoward about them. Is that your intention?

Peace and trees

Fenrir

Yep, just send me your address and we'll send the death squad around! :lol:

Hey guess what....I'm joking! Just thought I'd add that as people take anything you say (for example the Yellow Book) a bit too literally.

Seriously, I and anyone else who is an NKT practitioner has no power to silence anyone. Fortunately, this is not the Tibetan exile community in India so people have free speech - you can say what you like without a wanted poster being put on a building in Dharamasala. Others are not so lucky.

I'm just here to provide a bit of balance to all the negative propaganda and sectarianism about Dorje Shugden and NKT. It's my choice to do so. I'm not working for anyone, especially NOT the PRC :p
  • edited December 2009
    product-tangerine.jpg

mmm...you notice even a tangerine makes more sense than this pointless argument. I've said my last on it. Peace to all and good luck on the path/s
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited December 2009
    The rich irony of this situation is the Dalai Lama banning the practice of Dorje Shugden, claiming it is 'spirit worship' and therefore non-Buddhist (even though it was practised by the greatest Gelugpa lamas of the last two centuries) while at the same time relying upon the spirit Nechung in order to make all his important decisions

I'm not to keen on the Dalai Lama anymore... :/
  • edited December 2009
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    I'm not to keen on the Dalai Lama anymore... :/
    based upon the unreliable info of one source?
    thats pretty unfortunate.
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Oh yeah...
    Sorry I should really begin to check my sources...
  • chrispchechrispche Southend on Sea, Essex, UK Explorer
    edited December 2009
    I went to a group last night, which follows Thích Nhất Hạnh, I have to say I preferred the people there and will be going to that regularly. I will go to the Kadampa centre from time to time, but the group last night fit in with my beliefs more.

NKT at the moment are doing a lot on loving kindness, which I have great difficulty with. Without getting into a long story, I hate myself, therefore how can I extend loving kindness to others with out dealing with my own issues first. I find loving kindness too emotional at this stage in my life. It digs up very unpleasent feelings in me. I prefer the meditation of the minfulness of breathing, it stills my mind then I can work with my other issues later.
    edited December 2009
    Sorry to hear you're struggling with that, Chris. A talk on self-hate.
    edited December 2009
    Sorry to hear you're struggling with that, Chris. A talk on self-hate.

Anyone have any tips on this?
    edited December 2009
    Try cultivating metta for the experience of the self-hate. Not for you, for the experience itself. Open your heart to the experience of it.
    edited December 2009
    That talk was very helpful thanks.
    edited December 2009
    I'm glad. Keep us posted.