Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The answer lies within this book....

edited December 2009 in Buddhism Basics
I have only posted once since joining but I would like to thank ALL of you whose posts I have read and learned from since I have been around here.

In years of "searching" or "trying to understand" if you will, all my questions were answered...all within this book....

ZEN PHYSICS :
http://www.daviddarling.info/works/ZenPhysics/ZenPhysics_front_3.html

I forget the name of the poster who I read here that mentioned this book but I started reading it online yesterday and finished it this morning....THANK YOU THANK YOU for making me aware of this book.

For anyone and all who post questions of why, how, I feel lost, etc etc etc
this book is the answer.

The author (a scientist and Zen follower) brilliantly melds together science and conscious and explains it all.....through proven scientific facts/tests through information known to the deep philosophers through the ages...it all melds together...and is presented as...we have known all along...

Understand, I know VERY LITTLE about Quantum Mechanics / Physics and it was a little tough to get through at certain parts. However, I kept an online dictionary open on a separate tab to help through some of the more in-depth language he sometimes uses but boy...what a book...WOW...

My 2 cents...Read it...understand what you are reading...and it will hit you like a ton of bricks....

Have a great day

B

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2009
    no, the answer lies within you.
    Whatever kicked it into action, is merely a catalyst.

This may work well with some, and not so well with others, just as the writings of say, Thich Naht Hahn work well for some and less so for others, or those of Lama Surya Das, ditto ditto......

It just depends what floats your boat.

Thanks for your contribution, though. :)

And welcome to the forum!
  • edited December 2009
    :)
  • Great book.
This discussion has been closed.