Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddha Boy

edited January 2010 in Buddhism Today
65652a2ac8a37a4a05d7606e50043f42.jpg

Ram Bahadur Bomjan is meditating without food or water from May 16, 2005 under a tree in Nepal and plans to continue for 6 years:
http://www.etapasvi.com/en/video/show/id/33/title/ram-bahadur-bomjans-childhood-the-meditating-buddha-boy-from-nepal

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Interesting that he's so plump and healthy for someone who's supposed to have gone without food and water for years.
    I read somewhere that photographers and outsiders in general weren't allowed to watch him at night time.

_/\_
  • StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Ram Bahadur Bomjan is meditating without food or water from May 16, 2005 under a tree in Nepal and plans to continue for 6 years
    Dazzle wrote: »
    I read somewhere that photographers and outsiders in general weren't allowed to watch him at night time.

_/\_

I call shenanigans.
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, he's always been under very heavy security apparently and the fact that everyone had to stay far, far away from him at night, while only his brother was allowed near, is obviously suspicious. Although, a teenaged boy, or anyone for that matter, meditating all day, every day, is impressive regardless.
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Without water? So he died on May the 19th 2005. I don't understand...
    edited January 2010
    I'm obviously mistaken
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited January 2010
    There was a documentary about him; If I'm not mistaken they talked about this 'non eating saint' who hasnt eaten and if I'm not mistaken drank anything for like 70 years lmao.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    edited January 2010
    makes me chuckle
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited January 2010
    I think it's more impressive to take the lessons of meditation and practice into your everyday life than to have the luxury of sitting under a tree every day.
  • edited January 2010
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZ8uyHKzHkQ&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZ8uyHKzHkQ&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Read more...
    edited January 2010
    Speechless people aren't dumb, and there's no logic in that...
  • edited January 2010
    He's like a year younger than me, and my first thought on seeing the picture was 'How cute'.
    Bad Sammie!!
    edited January 2010
    Oops :lol: :-l
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited January 2010
    etapasvi, what the heck are you here for? To promote "Buddha Boy"? Why is this the only thing you're posting about?
  • edited January 2010
    I imagine a Buddha today would be much more active.
    edited January 2010
    He would do much more good saving the world than sitting on his royal highness all day...............
    Hmmmm BUSTED!!!
  • edited January 2010
    that poor boy is a charlatan
  • edited January 2010
    that poor boy is a charlatan

My thoughts exactly. How convenient that nobody sees him at night.
  • edited January 2010
    I wonder how many $$$ the family has made doing this. The boy is probably not a paid attraction but they must make a good chunk in donations.
    edited January 2010
    So is he a fake or just a really holy person that I'm taking the mick out of! :o
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    ...just a really holy person that I'm taking the mick out of! :o

Can you translate that to Amerikun please? I don't unnerstan...

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    Is - He - Just - A - Very - Holy - Dude - That - Me - Is - Misunnerstaningly - Offending
    You do know English is the same as Amerikun nurph ay murr?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    You do know English is the same as Amerikun nurph ay murr?

It is? How can you tell?

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2010
    nurph ay murr...
    .since when did Yorkshire-Welsh come into it?

(They're not dialects, they're noises....:lol:)
    edited January 2010
    Nurph: sounds like 9 in French
    Ay: 'Ay! Get out the way!'
    Murr: 'Gold, frankincense, murr...

I just made up the words though LOL...
    Amerikun is the same as english except we have better spellin licke, and you pronounce tomatoe wrong.... *narrows eyes*

I speak Lincolnshire-English not Yorkshire-Welsh :D
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    And a bonnet is what American ladies wear on their heads.

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    They wear large metal plates that cover engines!? :p
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, could be a new fashion statement...

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I speak Lincolnshire-English not Yorkshire-Welsh :D

Hey, wait a minute. I know zilch (that's Amerikun, btw) about British geography, but isn't North Lincolnshire right next to Yorkshire? When I saw Billy Eliot the first time it took me half the movie to understand what they heck they were saying!

Palzang
  • edited January 2010
    etapasvi wrote: »

Ram Bahadur Bomjan is meditating without food or water from May 16, 2005 under a tree in Nepal and plans to continue for 6 years:

If I may be so bold to say, but didn't Siddhartha find that extreme self-deprivation wasn't the key to enlightenment?
    edited January 2010
    Well yeah. But we're no where near Wales. Anyway, I understand Amerikun so why don't you understand English? I know what zilch is! An African language right? :lol:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Well, I do understand standard English, but thick accents, like your Yorkie neighbors or Australians, or even some Southern US accents, can throw me.

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Actually zilch isn't Amerikun at all. It came from Brittania! From a Brit humor magazine from the 1930's called "Ballyhoo" (according to Wiktionary). Simon probably had a charter subscription.

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    I doo nort harv a theeck arksent!

Seriously though, I'm slightly offended. There is a very fine line between my accent and an Amerikun's :)
    Love & Peace
    Joe
    edited January 2010
    From a Brit humor magazine from the 1930's

You look young for an eighty-odd year old :p
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Harrumph!

I didn't say you had a thick accent, but the people over in Yorkshire sure do. Did you see Billy Eliot? Were you able to understand them? Maybe because you live in the hood. Did you know that Mel Gibson's first Road Warrior picture had to be dubbed when it came to the US because nobody could understand the accent? What seems hilarious to me is that it seems like the smaller the country, the more dialects and accents there are!

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    LOL! There are thick accents but we don't all sound like the farmers off Emerdale or Postman Pat :lol:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    It's funny, normally I have a pretty inflectionless American accent, but when I get excited or very mellow, it comes out pure Midwest.

Oh wait, weren't we supposed to be talking about Buddha Boy or something? My bad...

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    Nah, who cares...

I mean YES! We should, tut tut Palzang
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited January 2010
    we're still seeing news about him pop up????

ok, I'm confused here, why hasn't someone been able to conclusively prove whether or not he's the real deal yet
    edited January 2010
    Dunno, does anyone here know? I'd shout but I don't think it would make a difference considering we're writing...
    SAY IF YOU KNOW!!!!!! Did anyone here that better?
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I think it's because Geraldo and Oprah have been very busy lately...

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    Who?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Sorry, it's an Amerikun thing. Geraldo and Oprah have talk TV shows where they dig up dirt on peeps.

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    I really can imagine you now. Sitting down in a pink dressing gown with your girlfriends eating a big tub of ice cream while dishing the dirt on the girl next door and watching High School Musical Three ...
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I really can imagine you now. Sitting down in a pink dressing gown with your girlfriends eating a big tub of ice cream while dishing the dirt on the girl next door and watching High School Musical Three ...
    Love & Peace
    Joe

No pink dressing gown. How about maroon bed sheets?

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    LOL
  • edited January 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    Well, I do understand standard English, but thick accents, like your Yorkie neighbors or Australians, or even some Southern US accents, can throw me.

Palzang

*said the Southerner* Um, s'cuse me?! :wtf:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I didn't quite get it... ;)

Palzang