Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bhikkunis - or the first nuns, would half the length of his teachings?

124»

Comments

• Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Yup :rolleyes: :)
  • FyreShamanFyreShaman Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Brigid wrote: »
    Hey! Yeshe! Those are my meds too! I have a one-serving molten chocolate cake just waiting to be put in the oven after lunch and a lovely espresso to brew. I'll make the same for you, shall I? :D

Sounds yummy!

And of course my New Year PC diet has kicked in - Pizza and Chocolate. LOL :)
    (It used to be PCW, Pizza Chocolate and Wine but no alcohol for me. Do liqueur chocolates count, I wonder? :) )

It's perfect food for the weather we have here! Would you believe we have a foot of snow and temperatures of minus 15, and I think the country is due to be even colder next week! I love extreme weather, and a very wicked part of me has fun watching southern English people coping with snow by panic buying, crashing cars and general mayhem. ;)
    edited January 2010
    Oh God! At these rates I'll have another dead rabbit :bawling:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2010
    I'll be the first to say I am as guilty as anyone here....but we either need to keep to the topic, or leave it here.....
    I'd rather keep to the topic, because Bhikkuni ordination is a significant event for many Buddhists.....It's something we should keep our eye on....
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited January 2010
    federica wrote: »
    I'll be the first to say I am as guilty as anyone here....but we either need to keep to the topic, or leave it here.....
    I'd rather keep to the topic, because Bhikkuni ordination is a significant event for many Buddhists.....It's something we should keep our eye on....

Close the thread then or at least move the mine and everyone elses ramblings into a idol gossip ghetto. :)
  • pegembarapegembara Veteran
    edited January 2010
    On the subject of Bhikkhuni ordination, it is unfortunate that in the upcoming Ajahn Chah remembrance day to be held in Kuala Lumpur Ajahn Brahmavamso has been excluded from the event.
    :(

http://www.ajahnchahrd.com/?page_id=64

Hope the split would have no longer term consequences.

Crazy things are happening today with the burning of 4 churches by Muslim extremists in Kuala Lumpur who are protesting over exclusive rights to the word "Allah". This is happening just 1 week before the remembrance day event. So much anger and hatred over a concept.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1952497,00.html
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pacific/2010/01/20101871816435228.html
    edited January 2010
    Sorry everyone :o
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited January 2010
    pegembara wrote: »
    Heavy karma always fights back hard.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2010
    Pegembara, whilst the first section of your post is undoubtedly pertinent, perhaps the second part (regarding the burning of churches by Muslim extremists) could begin a different thread, in the "Current Events" forum?

It's really not on topic, here....

many thanks!

:)
    pegembara wrote: »
    On the subject of Bhikkhuni ordination, it is unfortunate that in the upcoming Ajahn Chah remembrance day to be held in Kuala Lumpur Ajahn Brahmavamso has been excluded from the event.
    :(

http://www.ajahnchahrd.com/?page_id=64

Crazy things are happening today with the burning of 4 churches by Muslim extremists in Kuala Lumpur who are protesting over exclusive rights to the word "Allah". This is happening just 1 week before the remembrance day event. So much anger and hatred over a concept.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1952497,00.html
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pacific/2010/01/20101871816435228.html
    edited January 2010
    Pegembara, whilst the first section of your post is undoubtedly pertinent, perhaps the second part (regarding the burning of churches by Muslim extremists) could begin a different thread, in the "Current Events" forum?

It's really not on topic, here....

many thanks!

I know. Just do not want to start a new round of unwholesome mental proliferation.
    edited January 2010
    But you just did.
    Even though it was secreted in disguise, rather than open, and elsewhere....;)
    edited January 2010
    LOL... I think...
    edited January 2010
    But you just did.
    Even though it was secreted in disguise, rather than open, and elsewhere....;)

Please try not to visualize a PINK FLYING ELEPHANT
    :D
    edited January 2010
    I just did, do they come from Maryland? :-/
    edited February 2010
    Actually, I've just read the last 'page' of this thread, and the posts are so rambling, so disjointed, and so disconnected, it looks as if random posts have been taken from random threads on random forums - and all put into a basket, shoshed around, tipped out and all turned up the right way, and put into a column in no particular order....!

What a fine thread.
    One we will indubutably all look back on in a year from now, and think - "THIS was our finest hour...."

:lol::lol:

Well it's been a wee while and this was our greatest moment!...:lol: