Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Do all buddhists pray?

2»

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Some weeks ago my mom didn't feel good enough to make christmas cookies. But she really wished she could have. But she didn't. Then a few days ago she was feeling energetic and good and that wish resurfaced.

Warning this may cause you to wish for christmas cookies while the boat is sinking. :)
  • edited January 2010
    "Tonight March 25 1954 in San Francisco I attained suddenly the Diamond Samadhi which is the buzz of my intrinsic hearing, the pure liquid accommodating vibrating sea-hush stuff that receives imprints of transitory sounds and g-l-u-r-s them til finally I began to hear as on cocaine the roar of many things---- I thought up till now that there would never be an actual breakthrough to the other world to support my belief---- This transcendental Diamond Samadhi experience has been my first intimation from Dharmakaya's Silent Realms that all the Tathagatas are indeed there in Regnant Radiance waiting to Enlighten the world and wake it from its mad mistake dream of rue and rage..."

one thing i'm wrestling with is the chicken and the egg though i'm not really wrestling with it just juggling it.
  • jinzangjinzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I start every meditation by reciting the refuge vows and end it by dedicating the merit to all beings. If this is prayer, then, yes, I pray and prayer is an important part of Buddhism. If someone has never recited the refuge formula, they're pretty much not a Buddhist by definition.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Do Buddhists pray? Yes. Listen to this teaching and find out how.

Palzang