Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

An Interesting Buddha Painting

comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
edited September 2005 in Sanghas
This painting said something to me. I don't know what yet. LOL

Comments

• SabineSabine Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Ohhhh, makes me think...I like! :uphand:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    There's something slightly sinister about it... you got any info on it, Comic? Who painted it and when? Title?
    I find it a bit.... spooky.....!
  • edited September 2005
    federica wrote:
    There's something slightly sinister about it... you got any info on it, Comic? Who painted it and when? Title?
    I find it a bit.... spooky.....!

Yeah, I agree with you Federica! It IS spooky! I can't wait to find out the information on this painting.

Adiana :grin:
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited September 2005
    I posted this a while ago. I will have to find out.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Damm there seems to be some meaning but what meaning?
    edited September 2005
    Well after looking at it it says to me that even after the world is destroyed by violence Buddhism will live on.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Naaaah.... still gives me the creeps.... I mean, look at the expressions on their faces... there's nothing placid or friendly 'bout them.... they look almost threatening.... And the 'guy' in the middle looks like he's taking off his coat so it don't get mussed up in the ruck...!! :wtf: :lol:
  • edited September 2005
    Well after looking at it it says to me that even after the world is destroyed by violence Buddhism will live on.

Then why is the one guy taking off his robe? That part is confusing me.
    edited September 2005
    Maybe he is hot. Maybe he is throing his monkedness away?
    edited September 2005
    Maybe he is putting his robe on?
    edited September 2005
    ....Good point.......!
  • edited September 2005
    Very good point! Then that changes everything! :)
    edited September 2005
    Perception is a funny thing isn't it?
  • edited September 2005
    Very much so!
    edited September 2005
    .....There was an advert in a magazine in the UK of a coloured man running, with a uniformed police officer running behind him.... the inference was that you were looking at a picture of a criminal (the negro) being chased by a policeman.... in fact, the coloured guy was a special detective, in plain clothes, running after a white criminal.... the 'bobby on the beat' behind him was running in pursuit to assist.....
    perception is a funny thing..... :-/ :)

(But I still think the picture's kinda spooky....!! :lol: )
  • edited September 2005
    Ok, I just have to ask....do people outside of the United States call black people "coloured"? Is that the Politically Correct term for you in France? Just curious!!! :)
    edited September 2005
    People in the UK band anyone with a coloured/tan skin as 'coloured'... so africans, trinidadians and indians are all bracketed under the same terminoloy. Some of these ethnic groups find this offensive, but other than referring to their origin, it's a term that is determined to stick.... negro is specific, as I suppose is 'black' (inspite of a whole range of available 'shades' - !)
    A coloured person in France is 'noir', and Négroide' is considered perjorative.... don't ask me why...PC gone mad..... :wtf: :whatever:
  • edited September 2005
    Very interesting....calling someone "colored" in the US is definitely not PC!
    edited September 2005
    Sir Thomas Beecham was visiting new York as guest Conductor of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. Out with his wife, they wandered around sightseeing, and ended up (unknowingly) in Harlem. They entered a bar, and ordered some drinks and a snack. Things became a little strained, but not noticing, Sir Thomas and his wife, sat at a table, and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, the young black barman came round, and explained,
    "We can't serve you.... you ain't coloured."
    To which Sir Thomas replied,
    "Yes we are.... we're pink."

They were served. :rockon:
  • edited September 2005
    LOL! I love that!
  • edited September 2005
    federica wrote:
    Sir Thomas Beecham was visiting new York as guest Conductor of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. Out with his wife, they wandered around sightseeing, and ended up (unknowingly) in Harlem. They entered a bar, and ordered some drinks and a snack. Things became a little strained, but not noticing, Sir Thomas and his wife, sat at a table, and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, the young black barman came round, and explained,
    "We can't serve you.... you ain't coloured."
    To which Sir Thomas replied,
    "Yes we are.... we're pink."

They were served. :rockon:

HEHEHE! Now that is cool!

Adiana :mullet: :rockon:
  • edited September 2005
    YogaMama wrote:
    Then why is the one guy taking off his robe? That part is confusing me.

Maybe the guy is putting ON the robe....being initiated into the group and recently earned the robe.
    edited September 2005
    Now this is getting ridiculous...

How 'bout...

The guy is standing in a men's outfiitters and is trying on several robes for size, while the taylor, accompanied by several apprentices, shield him from public gaze because the changing rooms are all being re-furbished.....

:rolleyes: :lol:
    edited September 2005
    federica wrote:
    Now this is getting ridiculous...

How 'bout...

The guy is standing in a men's outfiitters and is trying on several robes for size, while the taylor, accompanied by several apprentices, shield him from public gaze because the changing rooms are all being re-furbished.....

:rolleyes: :lol:

Why do you hate? Who hurt you?
    edited September 2005
    .............pardon.........? :confused::confused: :wtf: :lol:
  • edited September 2005
    I like the painting. The colors are great together. Don't cha think?