Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

a sad predicament..

13»

Comments

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Ok I'm jealous. I'm going to go cry in the corner.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2010
    I'll have them contact yours too! Lol!!
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited March 2010
    I should have taken you to a strip club. You could have got a lap dance.:cool:

*faints*
    edited March 2010
    What's your views on Kwistians Palzang?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2010
    What's a "Kwistians Palzang"? :confused: Some kind of pretzel?

The problem with most (not all) Xians is that they have no idea of what they're practicing, or they're just going through the motions because it's socially acceptable to do so. Jesus taught a profound spiritual path that has mostly been lost or at least suppressed, which is very unfortunate, because a lot of what is left bears little or no resemblance to his teachings and has been twisted and distorted beyond recognition. Even so, there are some very fine Christians out there who practice loving kindness and compassion much better than I do. I just wish the Xian bigots would shut up and go away!

Palzang
  • edited March 2010
    "And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." - Matthew 6:28-29

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself." - Matthew 6:34
    edited March 2010
    I agree with ye Palzang the Pretzel :D
    edited March 2010
    Christians are evil incarnate. They come into my shop sometime and say "God Bless You". I then bow to them.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2010
    I know I've told this story before, but it's worth repeating. One time one of our monks was in New York and getting on a subway when he was accosted by a fire-breathing Xian nutter. She demanded, "Do you believe in Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior!!!!!!????" He simply said, "Yes," and walked on by. Her brain probably exploded...

Palzang
    edited March 2010
    Typican Earthikans :rolleyes: There is many, many, many, wonderful Christians aswell as members of other religions too. Just because of one woman shouting at me I wouldn't dislike Christianity. And it would make my day if a Christian said 'God bless you' to me, it's quite a compassionate thing to say :p

I'm pretty much none-religious now though, but I still love buddhism so I'll continue to leach onto this forum until it shrivels up and implodes :D

Love & Peace
    Jellybean
    edited March 2010
    When they say God bless you , they are being jerkfaces.
    edited March 2010
    You're a jerkface :p
    edited March 2010
    yep
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Now, now, chil'un, play nice together or no cookies for you!

Palzang
    edited March 2010
    Mr Smartass Palzang with his stupid smartass cookie tree in his stupid smartass Maryland *grumbles* anyway, I know a cooking far dreamier than Maryland's :p
    edited March 2010
    Language
    edited March 2010
    Don't you ******* tell me to ******* mind my ******* language you ******* ****** **** ****** ********* ***** !"£$%^&*(!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    Mr Smartass Palzang with his stupid smartass cookie tree in his stupid smartass Maryland *grumbles* anyway, I know a cooking far dreamier than Maryland's :p

English cooking?!!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA **barfs in corner**

Palzang
    edited March 2010
    I meant a cookie. An ENGLISH cookie. You know we're not that bad, you should try me nan's cookin' YUM YUM
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Can't hold a candle to Swedish cookies!

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    English cooking?!!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA **barfs in corner**

Palzang
    OMG! LMAO! So.....funny.....can't.....breathe....!!!!

Sorry to all the Brits.

But it was just too damned funny....in a general sense of course. I'm sure your nan's cooking is wonderful, Jellybean.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Yep, I'll bet she makes a zingin' steak and kidney pie! ((repeats above disgusting action))

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Sorry, I'm feeling much better now...

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2010
    I love Kate and Sydney Pie!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Yes, well, you live in Canada, which has even worse cooking than Merrie Ole Engeland! When I was a kid, we visited the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, and I, being a kid, ordered a hamburger at the restaurant where we ate lunch. They didn't even know what I was talking about! Can you imagine?!

Palzang
    edited March 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    Yes, well, you live in Canada, which has even worse cooking than Merrie Ole Engeland! When I was a kid, we visited the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, and I, being a kid, ordered a hamburger at the restaurant where we ate lunch. They didn't even know what I was talking about! Can you imagine?!

Palzang

Now that's funny :p
    edited March 2010
    Anyway, stop stereo-typing, don't you dare twist my words Mr Palzang, don't make me speak stereo-typical English again cherrypip what what!
  • edited March 2010
    federica wrote: »
    If it was me?
    I'd have the cat put to sleep.
    This is where - In my opinion - we have to consider the good of the many, against the good of the one.

Fede

Does this apply to humans?
  • ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Does this apply to humans?

People are allowed to deny excessive medical care as well. My grandma didn't want anything intrusive, and when she ended up in the hospital in a coma after her stroke, we respected her wishes despite how hard it was for us. We, of course, wanted to do everything possible to save her. In my opinion, assisted suicide should be available to those who want it.

I believe the topic of euthanasia was actually addressed by Sogyal Rinpoche in the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. Don't have the book on me at the moment though.
    Tibetan Buddhism seems rather less tolerant of abortion.[16] However, the
    Dalai Lama himself has indicated that euthanasia may sometimes be
    permissible: "In the event a person is definitely going to die and he is
    either in great pain or has virtually become a vegetable, and prolonging
    his existence is only going to cause difficulties and suffering for others,
    the termination of his life may be permitted according to Mahayana Buddhist
    ethics".[17] And the late Kalu Rinpoche, a very senior Kagyu lama, said
    clearly both that persons who are terminally ill and decide to take
    themselves off life-support perform a "karmically neutral act", and that
    assisting a dying person who asks us to remove life-support is also
    karmically neutral, provided our basic motivation is to relieve the
    patient's suffering.[18]
    </pre>
    edited March 2010
    If you want to die and no helps working for you then by all means, go ahead...