Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Feminist vs. The Other Feminists

2»

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Pun intended? :cool:

No, I'm not gay, just male. :D
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Men on one hand do not discriminate, become friends with a gay guy and you will understand what I mean. For gay people, sex is just sex, there are no strings attached.
    Someone must have dropped a fortune at Stereotypes R Us.

There was a post made here in the last few hours by an ex-Mormon describing how, as a missionary, he was met at the door periodically by unclothed females. Anyone with much experience of the world knows that there are straights, both male and female, who will have sex with almost anyone of the opposite sex. Overall, the similarities between males and females overwhelm the differences.
    Also, I know a few girls who would drop on their backs for anyone swinging pipe.
    God, I love the vernacular. Do pipe swingers date pipe layers? ;-)

I have to note that in my (extremely limited) experience, slutty girls tend to be direct in their communication, which results in better communication, which results in better relationships. Having experienced both good and bad relationships, I'm in favor of any characteristic that tends to produce good relationships. There's something to be said for people who know what they want and have the courage to ask for it.
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Your gay friends may be the exception, but go to a gay club with them and then come back telling me that men and women share the same outlook on sex.
    That shows that many of the people who go to clubs are looking to hook up, which is true for both gay and straight clubs. It doesn't tell us anything about the differences between men and women.

You can get an equally distorted view of female behavior by going to a swingers club and observing the women. Some women act that way; most don't.
  • edited February 2010
    I hate to burst your bubble RenGalskap, but I'm more right than you.
  • edited February 2010
    For gay people, sex is just sex, there are no strings attached.

Yikes.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2010
    My two cents.

I don't think there's anything wrong with selling penis or vagina cookies, can't say I would ever buy one though, haha.

Also, sex is different for men and women. A man does not view sex the same way that a woman does. Women are more discriminating when it comes to sex, they don't just lay on their back and give it up for any man who wants it.

Men on one hand do not discriminate, become friends with a gay guy and you will understand what I mean. For gay people, sex is just sex, there are no strings attached.
    The first thing that came to mind when I read this was, "How old are you?"
    I am being general distorted, not everyone fits the stereotype.

Your gay friends may be the exception, but go to a gay club with them and then come back telling me that men and women share the same outlook on sex. I'm using gay men as an example because it shows the male perspective on sex.

Have you ever heard of man yelling rape? Think about why that is.
    Then I read this and realized you're old enough, presumably, to get into a club.
    I hate to burst your bubble RenGalskap, but I'm more right than you.
    Then I read this and realized you were kidding the whole time! Yer funny!! :lol:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2010
    appleorange claims to have been a monk, but I don't buy it.

I'd love to know which temple, for how long, under which Master and why he left....
    And practising the Tea ceremony?
    Every day...?
    What an odd pastime, for a monk. Especially for only one regimented hour....?
    Yeah, right.

I don't think so.....

A chaji lasts anything between 3 to 5 hours.
  • edited February 2010
    With respect to appleorange...

I'm an admin for a car forum. Lots of teens and tweens. His comments sound like those of someone who does not yet have a lot of life experience. I hear it every day.

Just an observation by someone at a keyboard, who lacks life experience compared to many others. :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Oh, I'm with you on that.
    I just have to be mindful - perhaps a little more than most, here - of what constitutes a lack of life experience, and what constitutes Bullpoop.
    ;)
  • PaxPax
    edited February 2010
    Reviewing appleorange's posts to date it would appear that he is either very young and still retains the absolutism of youth, or is a very bored troll. Either way I wish him peace.
  • Quiet_witnessQuiet_witness Veteran
    edited February 2010
    I have been thinking troll from him since his first few posts.
  • BaileyDBaileyD Explorer
    edited February 2010
    Just to recap my position on this thread:

-I think that chocolate vaginas and penis suckers are in poor taste
    -I believe it makes feminists look silly and that it does not advance their cause
    -I would find it personally shaming to sell edible sexual organs in public
    -I am guilty as charged of being prudish and even a bit uptight

This is all about you. You question everyone's actions and ideas, but not your own. The real question is: Why do you feel this way about chocolate penis' and vagina's? Why do you feel this way about feminists who sell these things? Buddhism is about questioning ourselves, not others.