Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    great
  • edited March 2010
    Great, great videos.

I wish I could just live instead of living for people's expectations. Somebody has any clue on this subject :P

Pedro
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks, I apprecaite it!
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Very cool!
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited April 2010
    nice!

Thank you!

I like the talk.

I agree, people want to conform so much...

I guess after seeing this video, I'm an anti-conformist...

We make money but don't have a car, don't see the point in it. Don't have a house, no fancy things...

Maybe 6 years ago, I was beginning to see the truth, how things were, and I began to see my own need to conform, at least with my appearance.
    So I thought how silly it was, let see if i can change that.

So I began to let my hair grow. For about 2 years, my hair are somewhat curly so I had a giant white afro.
    Walking around, people looking at me...
    At first, i could really see my reaction to this, my conditioning. A deep need to just run home and cut the hair, the shame... Let see if i can change this. It wasn't difficult after all, just a knee jerk reaction.
    People are so insecure. Somehow many of them, when they see someone who is genuinely confident and genuinely don't care, they shy away, they look away almost in shame. I guess it's a unconscious thing going on...

Today, I genuinely don't care about the way I look at all.

From the day I began to understand and see the thruth, the walls of the prison i built for myself began to fall, one by one.

Life can be beautiful.
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited April 2010
    amazing footage to go with the second video!

you have a talent for this!

Great work!
  • edited April 2010
    Wonderful video. In High School, the book "The Wisdom of Insecurity" changed me forever, and I have been a fan of the enigmatic Alan Watts ever since.

The key to living in the everyday world is to maintain our understanding that everything...the economy, materialism, ladder-climbing, striving, consuming, culture, currency, etc. for the artificial set of constructs that they are.

Not only is "no-self" a truth to understand, but we also discover the reality of a "no-us" or "no-we" and as a result, we can address the issue of conformity as something we can choose to engage or disengage in rather than find ourselves in the lemming camp. In fact, we have a direct responsibility to disengage skillfully at times throughout our lives, especially when compassion, authenticity, integrity, and loving-kindness are on the line.

From a core of Buddhist teachings, this hearkens back to "Right Livelihood." How do we choose to live and/or make a living? What organizations do we choose to be affiliated with, and why? These are very important questions for each of us to answer.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks everybody I really appreciate the comments! Alan Watts has changed the way I live and I wanted to pay it forward.
  • chanrattchanratt Veteran
    edited November 2010
    great videos. i love alan watts
  • edited November 2010
    Like.