Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Showing off my new avatar

MountainsMountains Veteran
edited April 2010 in General Banter
I found a site with specifications for the Namkhyen Gyaldar flag, which I really love. Great colors, great design, simple and effective. And ya gotta love the symbolism it represents. Made it up in Illustrator and Photoshop. Whattaya think??

Mtns

Comments

• DaozenDaozen Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Nice
  • edited April 2010
    Sweet!
    You made this?
    Could you do one with clouds instead of waves?! :)
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Thanks. I suppose I could. Do you have something in mind in particular?

Mtns
  • edited April 2010
    At first i thought the waves should be blue and the sky should be yellow.

Then i realized i was looking at it upside down.
  • edited April 2010
    i like it mountains, very beautiful flag with nice colors. what is its symbolism? is it water and fire or waves and wave nipples? either way pretty flag. does anyone like mine either? this is a strange place to ask but would anyone be interested in buying some art like this? it's a drawing i did in pencil. i would like to make some money being an artist. i can take requests to draw or paint customized buddhist themed artworks for cheap! yes, if anyone would sincerely like to consider this i would be glad to make you some art, and you would be doing good for a dhamma brother. my deviant art account is through my profile link so if you want to see more of my works you can browse them, OH YEAH PLUS I HAVE THAT ONE THREAD UP THERE!! which is good too. OK advertisement is over , you can PM me if this sounds fun
  • edited April 2010
    very beautiful flag with nice colors. what is its symbolism?

Looks like the 16th Karmapa's dream/wisdom flag. You can read more about it here :

http://www.dharma-haven.org/dream-flag.htm