Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I need help!

edited September 2005 in Buddhism Basics
I need help! I am a very new buddhist, and don't know what to do!

If anyone can help, please post!

I know about the five precepts, and uphold them as much as possible, and I am reading through some books about buddhism.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Why do you need to do anything?
    There are many wonderful uncomplicated books available... there are numerous posts and responses on this forum - relax! Take it easy, don't be too hard on yourself.
    Discover, understand and accept the 4 Noble Truths.
    Discover, understand and accept the Eightfold Path.

Enjoy yourself!
  • edited September 2005
    yes enjoy yourself, and don't worry, read some of the threads in buddism 101 :mullet:
  • edited September 2005
    before you start memorizing scriptures word for word, seek the more important knowledge, which is understanding. I recently bought a book called "the buddha and his teachings" which has taught me much. not because I remembered all his rules and sayings, but because I read about the buddha's life, his philosophies, the philosophies explained by many great monks, and the overall feeling of the religion. through reading the explanations and interpretations, I've been helped in gaining a more progressive mindset that allowed me to take much more from things like the 4 noble truths, or eightfold noble path, than I would have if I had not first understood how to look at them.