Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

need advice

edited May 2010 in General Banter
Hi guys-

I need some advice and I figure who better to get it from than people who have similar spiritual beliefs as I do?

I am graduating college in a few weeks and always had a dream of moving out of my home state to Vermont after graduating. It would be scary/I wouldn't know anyone but I would figure it out. I've been applying for a few programs and would continue my job search.

However, I just found out that I was accepted to a MSW program in my home state (NY) and need to give them an answer this week. This seems like something that would be great for my career/get me closer to what I want to do. AND, it is only a 2 year program.

It is just hard for me to not follow my heart in where I want to live.

any advice would help!!!!

Thanks so much!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    it seems like you will always have the chance to live in Vermont, but you may not always have the opportunity to do this program. Plus it seems like good timing to do the program. I'd say go through with that and get it under your belt. Couldn't you drop out and move to vermont if you really want to?

to make this post buddhist -related, maybe you should not be too dependent on your surruondings for happiness? I dont know im still new to this stuff
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited May 2010
    tim45174 wrote: »
    it seems like you will always have the chance to live in Vermont, but you may not always have the opportunity to do this program
    this.

patience.
  • edited May 2010
    thank you guys-- that helps :-)
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited May 2010
    I agree with patbb - patience!
    Don't look at signing up for the NY program as an end to your dream to live in VT. Look at it as something that can help you be more able to move to VT! Who knows what the Universe has in store for you. Perhaps you'll meet a mentor in the NY program with network connections in VT :-)
    Good luck to you, no matter what you decide. Know that even if you make a mistake, you will be able to be compassionate towards yourself and you will still be filled with the Buddha energy!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Or you could look at it this way: learning to help others (and then helping them) is far more important than living where you think you want to. Really, what difference does it make where you live? As one who aspires to be a bodhisattva, I have vowed to live anywhere, at any time, and in any form to be of benefit to beings.

Palzang