Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Invitation to Great Shaolin Temple, Henan Province, China

I have been invited to be the very first American to film some of the sacred ceremonies of the Shaolin Warrior Monks in the Great Temple near DengFeng, Henan Province, China.

Though this is exciting news, I am facing some serious challenges and obstacles to getting there. I have been studying Buddhism and Taoism
and I'm reaching out to fellow spiritual thinkers for advice, input, and help to get me there.

I have all the necessary papers, including from Abbot Shi Yong Xin and the Chinese Government and could be traveling with the Italian born Franco Testini now Shi Yan Fan. He is the first Westerner who has dedicated his life and been ordained in the way of Shaolin.

I hope this story meets you well.

Comments

• mettafoumettafou Veteran
    edited May 2010
    can you speak chinese? maybe write him: http://www.mattpolly.com/polly-contact.htm
  • edited May 2010
    I'm learning some about written Chinese characters, but I don't speak any Chinese.
    edited May 2010
    can your friend? you're going to need someone who at the very least speaks chinese to go with you. that's what i've gathered from his book... ^
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks, I did send initial contact email.
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited May 2010
    i don't know anything about getting there...

but just be sure to bring a journal and a couple of cameras to document your journey to yourself!

Somehow we tend to believe that we will remember everything, but our memory is never as good as we think it is ;)

have fun!
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Prepare to be disappointed. I hear they're mostly an entertainment troupe these days. :-/
    edited May 2010
    feed://shaolinchancity.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
  • edited May 2010
    Welcome to Shalin family...
    You will find it's much easier than you think.
    There are different ways directing to a place, esp the temple:-)
  • edited May 2010
    Please take a look at this page about the project and pass along...

http://www.siron.tv/landing/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=54
  • NiosNios Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Lincoln wrote: »
    Prepare to be disappointed. I hear they're mostly an entertainment troupe these days. :-/

And a money making machine. :(