Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

meditation headgear!

RichardHRichardH Veteran
edited June 2010 in General Banter
New Age crackpottery can be creepy, but this outfit is good for a chuckle.

Problem with meditation? You just need the right headgear!

http://www.shambhalahealingtools.com/Buddha_Maitreya_Head_Pyramids_Pyramid_Grids_s/20.htm

Comments

• patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited June 2010
    thanks for the link,

i just ordered 3 of these:
    http://www.shambhalahealingtools.com/Buddha_Maitreya_Head_Pyramid_p/hp-full.htm

the price is so high, this mean it MUST be good!! ;)
  • edited June 2010
    it would be funny if I did not find it downright insulting that he has the nerve to call himself, "His Holiness Buddha Maitreya, the American born Incarnation of Buddha Maitreya" and the pricess from 175 to over 3,000$US?

Crap like this really tries my patience. I suppose I'm grateful to him for providing a great challenge for me to work on my anger and compassion!
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Appreciate your outrage Olarte, but I can't share in it. This is so plainly absurd, so cartoonishly absurd. What tries my anger and compassion is sectarianism and inter-Buddhist divisions based on insularity.

The pricing is outrageous, considering batteries are extra.
  • edited June 2010
    Richard H wrote: »
    Appreciate your outrage Olarte, but I can't share in it. This is so plainly absurd, so cartoonishly absurd. What tries my anger and compassion is sectarianism and inter-Buddhist divisions based on insularity.

The pricing is outrageous, considering batteries are extra.

Still, I guess I will ask for name change and call myself "his holiness Buddha Olarte" :rolleyes: maybe I'll even ordain myself later on to celebrate my name change :p
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Don't forget to get some long rabbit ears and a big acme firecracker.
  • RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited June 2010
    {rant}
    It used to be that being a religious fraud _meant_ something, but now every two bit grifter is in on the scam. I mean, where are the long, improbable stories about studying with previously unheard of Tibetan lamas, and how years of scientific research were necessary to implement their teachings in the form of some hideously expensive and useless gadget? This guy isn't even willing to make the effort. Does he bother to tell us how some CD introduced him to previously unattainable heights of religious ecstasy? Where are the testimonials from patently fabricated spiritual masters endorsing some cheap plastic box that runs on batteries, has a light that blinks occasionally, produces a soft soothing buzz, and at a price of two hundred dollars will anatman your atman like it's never been anatmaned before? I mean really! Why would anybody take this guy seriously? He doesn't even bother to offer us flimsy t-shirts emblazoned with what purports to be a Sanskrit phrase taken from some obscure late Mahayana pandit but was actually lifted at random from a Hindi website and consists of the instructions for advancing the spark timing of a tractor motor sold only in India, Nepal, and for a brief period in the nineteen fifties, parts of the Soviet Union. He's sleepwalking his way through religious quackery! What happened to class acts like Gurdjieff? Now there was a guy who knew how to rip people off with style!
    {/rant}

Oh, sorry, nothing against you Olarte. Let us know when you get your web site going and I'll stop by and pick up some meaningless platitudes.
  • edited June 2010
    If you cover it with tinfoil, you can receive satellite TV - 600 channels! That's an awful lot of enlightenment right there!
  • edited June 2010
    Ya, that is a pretty insane product.

I looked at his other website (on the bottom of the page).

The Solar Cross he sells seem like a MUCH better Use of 2 grand:

http://www.shambhalahealingtools.com/Buddha_Maitreya_Solar_Crosses_s/21.htm

And he also has a website where you can just donate to him if you dont want anything in return. haha.

http://www.tibetanfoundation.org/

Priceless.
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    A dual benefit of covering it with tinfoil is that it shields the brain from such influences as electromagnetic fields, or against mind control and/or mind reading; or attempts to limit the transmission of voices directly into the brain...

priceless...
    edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Ya, that is a pretty insane product.

I looked at his other website (on the bottom of the page).

The Solar Cross he sells seem like a MUCH better Use of 2 grand:

http://www.shambhalahealingtools.com/Buddha_Maitreya_Solar_Crosses_s/21.htm

And he also has a website where you can just donate to him if you dont want anything in return. haha.

http://www.tibetanfoundation.org/

Priceless.

WOw, you know this started as a joke (my rant) sort of but looking deeper it's plain disgusting only because there are hard working "suckers" who must be taken in by all this Crap.

Looking through some of the links I see more and more CRAP!

How about a pendant that will make you a Buddha just by wearing it? they only start at $530US.

I guess the saving grace is that at those prices, only true fools would fall for this kind of disgusting robbery.

"Buddha Maitreya Shambhala Form™ Pendants are designed to be worn all the time to help a person truly heal themselves and the planet by aligning to the Soul and integrating the Soul with the Personality, self-realizing their divine, Buddha Nature."

No wonder I have not reached enlightenment, I only wear a measly $10 silver Buddha pendant. I should have known better... not!
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Have any of the doubters here used the products? Is there anything here other than projected judgement? Is this website any less of a scam than a church which demands a 10% tithe for the rest of your life?

I remember being a huge cynic when it came to crystal energy, until I actually held a piece of phenacite and my mind exploded. Just because it is unnecessary to the path of ending dukkha, doesn't automatically make it hogwash.
    yagr
    edited June 2010
    Another valuable lesson in Wrong Speech... Thanks aMatt... I appreciate your guidance... (No sarcasm intended)
    yagr
  • edited June 2010
    Please let us know how it works when you buy yours...

come on, pyramids, crosses and stars of David all offered for low low prices from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars?

I know I will get more closer to enlightenment than the fools that peddle this crap with my $10 silver Buddha pendant and the $5.00 shorts that I use to meditate daily in my home made shrine and place of meditation.

as for the 10% church comment that is one of the many reasons why I don't go to a church, or give money to solicitors, I give to what I want when I want, and it is not necessarily money.
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Oooh, shiny! I want the all-crystal one but I'll probably just go for the cheapo one at the top of the page.

I'll come back and give you guys a hand after I'm enlightened with my purchase.
  • ZaylZayl Veteran

@aMatt well, buy one and tell us how it works then.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I bought it.
    Covered it in chicken wire and the hens are laying nicely, thanks.

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Sadly people are buying into it? Even if it is just the 2 of them.

Now back to reality, I've just developed a line of colourless odourless products that cost nothing and you get nothing in return, but the potential interest is phenomenal and frenzied, and it is indexed-linked and you can get it interest-free for the first 5 years; nothing to lose, except your house and life's savings, and at £1.5trillion (it's a real money-maker)... Any takers?

I know people bought into something like this about 6 or 7 years ago, and we're all paying for it now, but this is the real deal. Honestly

Smallprint: investments can go down as well as going down further than you really understood or appreciated, and it is recommended youtake legal advice (where all your potential gains might be swallowed by the legal fees any way )

I joined a group called gullible anonymous and was sold on this