Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

getting older

2»

Comments

• zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited July 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    Hehehe. In Britain we have a show called The Sex Education Show. There's a series once a year. This year the series' theme was Am I Normal? and also about dismissing myths about people you don't think have sex. One of these was old people, which do have sex (who'd have thought :eek::p). It showed you naked old people. One woman was ninety. I think it put me of girls LOL. Anyway, your right, we should enjoy old age too. Sitting on your porch in your rocking chair, doing a crossword, looking over your Old Folks' Garden and coughing :p I can see the goodsides like... yeah... yeah.... emhem...yeah.

Nickidoodle Jellybean

really? do you watch this in school? haha... this is such a good idea. here in america, after the bush administration, we have reverted to teaching abstinence only. errrr.... i wonder if we've fixed that yet. what ever happened to school house rock and "knowledge is power!"???
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited July 2010
    LOL. the show's on at home. We have sex education though. I first had it when I was 9, then 11, then this year. At least my geography/sex ed. teacher is AWESOME. She says that it's OK to have sex and you can lose your verginity whenever your ready (16+) and that you should have sex between someone you really love and that it's OK to be GLBT and stuff :)

Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited July 2010
    NOTE: when I say 'it' I mean sex ed. LOL
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited July 2010
    I think that having all these goals causes suffering to be honest. You think, 'once I do this I will be happy,' or 'once I get this I will be happy'. When you reach this place or goal it is never as we expect and then there is always another goal that arises. This is of course my opinion but I think we should live in the moment and not have all these goals and hopes in life, they are based around delusion

LOL, i remember having sex education in shcool in the UK. There were 3 videos, one one sex itself, one on pregnancy and one on sexual disease.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Hehehe. In Britain we have a show called The Sex Education Show. There's a series once a year. This year the series' theme was Am I Normal? and also about dismissing myths about people you don't think have sex. One of these was old people, which do have sex (who'd have thought :eek::p). It showed you naked old people. One woman was ninety. I think it put me of girls LOL. Anyway, your right, we should enjoy old age too. Sitting on your porch in your rocking chair, doing a crossword, looking over your Old Folks' Garden and coughing :p I can see the goodsides like... yeah... yeah.... emhem...yeah.

Nickidoodle Jellybean

Well, my old age consists of working even harder than I worked, say, 20 years ago and racing to pay off my debts before I'm too senile to work anymore! Real bucolic, eh? And as for geriatric sex, best not to picture it! :rolleyes:

Palzang
    edited July 2010
    LOL, yr funny Palzanorang ;)

TT, I must disagree. Without a goal in life what's the point of being alive?

Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited July 2010
    The point in life in my opinion of being alive is to be at peace with myself and the world, to be content and compassionate. We all have our opinions and wants from life, but my opnion is these wants, these goals get in the way of true happiness. they are not always met and we get down because of it, we do stupid things to get to to them sometimes, hurting others, hurting ourselves and when we do get to them, they are not always what we thought they would be and never last very long.
    edited July 2010
    Maybe you should just not let yourself be dissapointed but still have goals.

Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited July 2010
    I guess it depends on what your goals are. Anyway, isn't having these goals, these aspirations in life attaching yourself to the future? Isn't thinking, 'I want to own a sports car' putting your hopes, thoughts and feelings in the future? I think with buddhist teachings you can take them to different extremes depending on how literal you take them and how committed you are..
    edited July 2010
    Yeah. My only goal is to become an ecologist. I know what I'd prefer my life to be like when I'm older, but as long as I'm happy I'm not really bothered :)

Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited July 2010
    That is in my books fine and dandy, it's a very decent profession. As long as you don't sit there dreaming of this perfect job day in day out, building your life around it thinking everything will be great once I have this job. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.. Wish you all the best with that though dude, just make sure wherever you end up you are happy and true to yourself. I have seen that things very rarely work out in the way you expect, and we need to understand this and accept it with open arms, tom :)
  • edited July 2010

Nickidoodle Jellybean

Uh lots of old people have sex. I work in a nursing home and its crazy what goes on. Also Aids and STDs are very high for the elderly funny to think about it. Turning 25 on the 7th of next month. I have done alot of things in my life and had a chance to do some um errr sight seeing when I was in the Army. Considering I was an 11B I beat up my body pretty good. Days I feel normal and do almost anything. Then there are days when my old injuries comeback and haunt me and I don't feel like to doing jack. One thing I can take from the army and the medical field is death is a sure thing no way to escape it.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2010
    OK, I give up, what's an 11B?

Palzang
  • edited July 2010
    Infantryman sorry
    edited July 2010
    I know old people have sex, I was being sarcastic :D

And thanks Tom, I totally agree with you. I just like animals and plants and science and geography so I figured why not be an ecologist :)

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited July 2010
    I knew i was getting older the other day when someone said wow you old....:D
  • edited July 2010
    I was just surprised how much they actually do. Oh a funny story I was taking care of a 97 yr woman. Then I hear her say F**K me and made me go HuH? haha funny yet scary stuff goes on.
    edited July 2010
    F**k her? LOL, when I saw the sex ed. show it showed naked old people. Say no :p

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • edited July 2010

Nickidoodle Jellybean

90 year old woman... seriously :eek: was see even able to move??? :D
    edited July 2010
    LOL, are you being sarcastic? :p
  • edited July 2010
    No she is bed bound and that would be extremely disturbing on my part if I did and not to mention I would serve jail time. Oh god I think I just threw up in my mouth a little
  • edited July 2010
    you guys ... turned the whole conversation around... this thread started as something else and it is something else now.
  • edited July 2010
    No she is bed bound and that would be extremely disturbing on my part if I did and not to mention I would serve jail time. Oh god I think I just threw up in my mouth a little

yes. it is disgusting and probably illegal too.
  • edited July 2010
    I know old people have sex, I was being sarcastic :D

And thanks Tom, I totally agree with you. I just like animals and plants and science and geography so I figured why not be an ecologist :)

Nickidoodle Jellybean

yes. old people have sex but it is disgusting for us to watch or hear. :eek:
    edited July 2010
    How is having sex with a 90 year old disgusting?

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • edited July 2010
    I don't know ... but the idea seems really sick.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Because it reminds us of our own mortality?

Palzang
    edited July 2010
    That is most likely it, we don't want to see what will become of us all, if we are lucky to live so long. But anyway, here's to the oldies getting it on :P CHEERS
    edited July 2010
    Indeed Tom :)

And Davey... dear oh dear, children these days :rolleyes:

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • edited August 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    Because it reminds us of our own mortality?

Palzang

no... um... it's just ugly. :eek:
    edited August 2010
    and I think you're ugly in the head :p
  • edited August 2010
    come on... even the idea of parents having sex seems repulsive to kids... it's just the way people are... well most of them anyway.
    edited August 2010
    Not to me it isn't, it's a part of life. I may find the thought of the body parts of certain groups of people a bit 'yucky' due to my relations, age and as-yet begining-to-be deffined sexuality, but it's all natural.

Kind regards,
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not saying that I have anything against 90 year old people having sex... maybe I'll also do it when i am 90. It's just that the idea seems repulsive.
    edited August 2010
    daveysmith wrote: »
    maybe I'll also do it when i am 90.

I'm glad we clarified that. Then I'll go Uuugh! Mwahaha... But you're not that much older than me so I'll be about 80 or something LOL.

Kind regards,
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • edited August 2010
    yes indeed. :):):)