Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Courage build-up tips

2»

Comments

• NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    @Ada_B : I understand them in every point. I live amongst them. The problem is, that they behave in their way because the ywant and they like it. And their behaviour is not affecting only me, but other people as well. I have yet to understand how would compassion works for people who just don't give a damn and do what they like to do without carring about the consequences.

@ Zayl :Gypsies are rarely alone. They travel in groups (the bigger, the 'better'). Rromas, whenever they are in a group can't talk properly with a more reasonable person. They have to behave badly out of instinct and get another '-' point for their good reputation. I treat rromas like I treat anybody else, no problem with that, but that happens when they can be really reasonable people (there are certain occasions).
    Nope, they don't act accordingly to the image every romanian ethnic has. The yact accordingly to their own will, as I said, without paying much attention to the consequences. I've seen rroma kids at the history olympics, and they were amongst the educated ones ( I talked with them). These rromas who educate themselves will eventually become disgusted by the actions of their fellow ethnics ( educated gypsie people in my country, who gained fame and fortune, told in tv interviews that they feel really ashamed for the actions of their fellow ethnics ).

• Anyways, I am dehumanizing them because, they behave like animals in the deep Amazonian jungle. The only difference between animals and them is that they can talk. I understand that dehumanizing them is bad, but this is the way reality in my country portrays them and lots of sane people, to call them that way, will not add the 'human being' etiquette to those beings.
    Hi - first of all - i hope you did not refer to the people in the Amazon Jungle as animals, but that you were actaully making reference to animals. Which still does not make your comment fair.

Secondly - you seem to like that fact that you can just hide behind what everyone else in your community is doing. BORING.

Thirdly - just buy them a ball. Just greet them. Just be nice. I think you are having a hard time with this, becuase you are looking down on these people.

PS - Welcome to your Karma!
    @ Rainbow warrior

1. Yes, that was an access of rage.
    2. What do you mean by that ?
    3. I was nice to them many times ( while I past by them), but they weren't. Buying the ma ball would be a waste of money. They were after my friend's ball not after some other ball. An I'm not trying to look down on these people from start. I do so when they prove me they deserve to be looked down to.
  • @ NomaD Buddha

1.Okay - Try to keep that rage at bay. No need to lash out at people.
    2. I mean that you keep saying that others in your community agree with you that these people are "animals". what does it matter what other people think?? Does that make it right for you to do the same then?
    3. Give them your friend's ball - IT'S JUST A BALL. Let me ask, who are you to judge who should be looked down upon and who not? please remember that this is YOUR observation of the situation - perhaps you could choose to see the situation differently.

PS - have you been to the Amazon?
    3. I gave them, they were about to 'kill' the next chance they would have to get their hands on my friends b-ball. So, no...and things get complicated.
    The answer : I am the one who tries to be a nice-guy to some people I don't really, know and they just proved that being nice to them means nothing ( in extreme cases, being a nice-guy means gettin' mocked at). And from what point shall I see the situaton,then ?
    No, I haven't been to the Amamzon. I used a day-to-day expression of emphasis ( something like a comparisson).
  • @NomaD Buddha

Treat the situation with compassion. No one said it would be easy :-) If you are being nice to them and they are not doing the same - show them compassion - you can do this by merely recognizing their ignorance and off course suffering. Remember - these people you talk about are not the same as you - they do not have the teachings to guide them - and probably do not have the understanding that you do.

I don't know your level of practice - but maybe try studying the 6 Paramitas and contemplate it a bit. :-)

PS - Regarding the people of the Amazon - much closer to enlightenment than we will ever be - so please think about that before you refer to them as animals/hooligans
    I didn't say something about the people of Amazon :D:lol: . I used Amamzon word in an expression like " They behave like the animals in the woods/forest/ jungle". This is an expression every person in my country uses to stress out how badly another person behaves.
  • @NomaD Buddha - Okay no problem. Simple misunderstanding then.

So did any of the other stuff in my well thought out post hit home or not? :wave:
    Every piece of advice here hits home, no worries !