Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Homosexuality

13»

Comments

• Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited September 2010
    John83 wrote: »
    what does buddhism say on homosexuality? on gay marriages? this was one of the reasons i lost faith in christianity.

A statement by the highly respected Zen teacher, Robert Aitken Roshi, now deceased.

Gay Marriage from a Buddhist Perspective
  • edited September 2010
    JB - I'm going for plain, simple, casual/part-time jobs while I fiddle around with my life. Either a supermarket till monkey, or a clerk in music/dvds/games.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Samsaric Desires are always filled with Suffering, Let them pass you will find no happiness here only more torment, If you are genuinly seeking Liberation and Enlightenment then you have to control these minds not the other way around. :)
  • edited September 2010
    True, true. Sigh. :P
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Gecko wrote: »
    Horrible humour aside, hearing about people's experiences in this thread gives me warm fuzzy feelings of happiness. I'm glad you're all here to share your experiences - if Buddhism wasn't the way it is, you'd all not be here, and this place'd be pretty dull. :p

We're all here because we're not all there.

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    You say the mintest things man!

What means "mintest"?!

Palzang
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    We're all here because we're not all there.

Because, as we know, no matter where you go, there you are. But what happens while you're actually in transit? And if a Buddhist meditates in the woods, would a fly still irritate him? :)
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited October 2010
    What means "mintest"?!

I think he means that you got that mintest minty fresh feeling.

Maybe it's like cool, or dope, or phat, or whatever the kids are saying these days :screwy:
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited October 2010
    mugzy wrote: »
    I think he means that you got that mintest minty fresh feeling.

Maybe it's like cool, or dope, or phat, or whatever the kids are saying these days :screwy:

That post is wack yo man. You are serious beast! Y'know what I am talking boot in the hoose? Yo twiddlin moi freak quest you sick man! Sick!
    edited October 2010
    What means "mintest"?!

Palzang

Yo so beast! That post was B to the E to the A S T Yeahhhh!!!
    edited October 2010
    JB - I'm going for plain, simple, casual/part-time jobs while I fiddle around with my life. Either a supermarket till monkey, or a clerk in music/dvds/games.

Well if I come to... Austria is it? Oh no... it's you stupid Australians. Well not half as bad as the Americans- ignorant bunch... anyway, send us some DVDs.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Yo so beast! That post was B to the E to the A S T Yeahhhh!!!

Oh, well, that certainly clears it up! :crazy: Excuse me now, I'm going back to the 20th Century... :hiding:

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Well if I come to... Austria is it? Oh no... it's you stupid Australians. Well not half as bad as the Americans- ignorant bunch... anyway, send us some DVDs.
    I will presume that was supposed to be humorous.....?
  • edited October 2010
    Buddha - no problem with anyone, gay / lesbian / hetro.
    Buddha - warns problems due to attachment - aversion / desire.

I imagine that the majority of sex, if not all of sex would come under the category of attachment through desire. All distractions. All sewing seeds of attachment.

I guess it all depends on how extreme your practice is.
    I guess not everyone is ready to be a celibate monk.
    So, I would imagine, bite off as much as you can chew. Gay / Lesbian / Hetro / Trans etc. Be happy. Spread Love and Peace.
  • edited October 2010
    Didn't get the cd/dvd/game job - so I'll just pack your groceries for you, like a good little till monkey :) Besides, everything is released at least a year later here in Australia. Still waiting on season two of Mentalist. Grr.
    So, I would imagine, bite off as much as you can chew
    :lol:

On topic again, I imagine cold showers are probably quite common with beginner monks on the celibacy vow. No wonder those martial monks meditate under waterfalls...
  • edited October 2010
    wow. its sweet to see how long this threads become.
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited October 2010
    federica wrote: »

So will I :confused:
    edited October 2010
    Didn't get the cd/dvd/game job - so I'll just pack your groceries for you, like a good little till monkey :) Besides, everything is released at least a year later here in Australia. Still waiting on season two of Mentalist. Grr.

Hmm I wonder if it's where I shop? :p

In metta,
    Raven
  • edited October 2010
    yeah but if all the australians moved into america and all the americans moved into australia, they';d be worse at being american then we would, HAHA... oh god... please god save the australians .
    edited October 2010
    yeah but if all the australians moved into america and all the americans moved into australia, they';d be worse at being american then we would, HAHA... oh god... please god save the australians .

Umm, how does slagging off Australians relate to a thread about homosexuality? Are you suggesting we treat homosexuals any worse here than the rest of the world?? :confused:
  • edited October 2010
    the world is only afraid of acting on its "homosexual" impulses. sexuality is bordered and fenced more than a palestinian warhorse... and australians just need to find their true self... like michael jackson.
    edited October 2010
    the world is only afraid of acting on its "homosexual" impulses. sexuality is bordered and fenced more than a palestinian warhorse... and australians just need to find their true self... like michael jackson.

Oh so Americans and the rest of the world have "found their true self" and we Aussies are a bit slow?

That's a very interesting revelation. Thanks for sharing.....................
  • edited October 2010
    just be thankful you're not from madagascar
    edited October 2010
    Probably best I just be thankful. Race/creed/country is just dressing.

Raven
    edited October 2010
    federica wrote: »

I do clarify it was my humour :o I love Australians and Americans :D
    edited October 2010
    Oh, well, that certainly clears it up! :crazy: Excuse me now, I'm going back to the 20th Century... :hiding:

Palzang
    *Smashes your tin can with a stick* Get outa there!
    edited October 2010
    Spread Love and Peace.

What have I ever done to you?
    edited October 2010
    Umm, how does slagging off Australians relate to a thread about homosexuality? Are you suggesting we treat homosexuals any worse here than the rest of the world?? :confused:

No, just Australians :p Sorry did it again :o love the accent though :)
    edited October 2010
    Probably best I just be thankful. Race/creed/country is just dressing.

Raven

Look, it's just obviously Bad Humour Day, we'll stop now. *nudges Pietro*
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    You treat me so bad. BTW, thanks for signing up to support the Garuda Aviary.

Palzang
    edited October 2010
    Who you gonna call, Ghost Busters? Mwahaha!!!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    No, Punk Busters! :p

Palzang
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Palzang, is that you in your avatar ??
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Yes. Is it too horrible? Should I change it? Get my hair done?

Palzang
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I think you should go for a Buddha hair-do :)
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited October 2010
    .....no disrespect :D
    edited October 2010
    No, Punk Busters! :p

Palzang

I have a sharp stick. It used to be an old man who once crossed me's walking stick. I call it the Beating Stick. Old Beatrice. Hint... hint
    edited October 2010
    Yes. Is it too horrible? Should I change it? Get my hair done?

Palzang

You'll need yah face changing when you meet old Beatrice!!! :rarr:
    edited October 2010
    Richard H wrote: »
    .....no disrespect :D

Snigg... snigg.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, that's it, bozo-palzang! But where do I find a rug like that?

Palzang
    edited October 2010
    A rug is a small carpet! :rolleyes:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    No kiddin'!

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    HALP! I'm being bullied!

Palzang
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    edited October 2010
    HALP! I'm being bullied!

Palzang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76WQzVJ434
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited October 2010
    HALP! I'm being bullied!

Palzang
    Oh. I didn't mean bully you Palzang. It's just that as I was reading you talking about getting a new hairdo, I saw of picture of Lil Orphan Annie in the newspaper. it just...came together. :o
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2010
    I think we're done here.
This discussion has been closed.