Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Amazing animals

patbbpatbb Veteran
edited November 2010 in General Banter
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PNqNfxo42J8?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>WARNING, CATS FIGHTING IN THE VIDEO!!

I'd be curious to know your own interpretation; to me, the birds are trying to distract the first cat to avoid a fight with another cat!

aren't animals truly fascinating?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2010
    This has to be one of the weirdest things I have ever seen....

How about....
    the jackdaws were the parents of both cats in a different life, and the cats were two brothers who never got on, and the jackdaws are now thinking -

"Oh Lordy! same old, same old.... Now boys, don't fight......! Ooops! too late!"
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited November 2010
    I don't think they're fighting at all. There is no hissing, arching or any aggressive behaviour. They're just playing. As for the birds, I have no idea.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2010
    No, they are fighting.
    But they probably know one another, and have done this before....
    It's more probably territorial than aggressive attack/defence.
    See, one of them runs away at the end.
    That's submission to territorial dominance.
    in fights of aggression, cats normally separate and sit staring at each other for a while. Then the "beaten" one will do something innocent, like wash, or scratch.
    Body language is fascinating to watch, in animals....
    edited November 2010
    You're the expert.
  • edited November 2010
    What does it MEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN?!!
    edited November 2010
    You're the expert.

I doubt that very much.....

Very much.
    Epicurus wrote: »
    What does it MEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN?!!

I dunno........ what do YOU think it means....?
    edited November 2010
    Well, you seem to know what you're talking about, that's all.
  • Mr_SerenityMr_Serenity Veteran
    edited November 2010
    I have two cats, and can confidently say those two were attempting at tearing each other apart. It's a nasty fight for territory that the birds were basically enjoying lol. I think the birds were just poking for fun (one bird seems to have its eye on the moving cats tail). They were amused by the cats being so obsessed with each other so they took that opportunity to poke them while they were distracted.