Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Crying during and after meditation?

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited November 2010 in Meditation
Crying during and after meditation?

Comments

• fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited November 2010
    What about it?

If it doesn't happen at some point, you're missing something.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Thas right, let it all out. Not only are there such beautiful things to make one cry in meditation, but there's also nothing at all wrong with crying; it's just another thing we've been conditioned not to do (well, men mostly). If you're embarrassed about it right now, which will pass in time, try not to meditate where others will see you and don't hold back.
  • edited November 2010
    Crying is not yet something I've experienced while meditating.. Is it usually due to a painful reflection while meditating?
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Crying is not yet something I've experienced while meditating.. Is it usually due to a painful reflection while meditating?
    due to having soften that crust and letting long buried emotions and memories rise.

Retreats are great for this.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Cloud wrote: »
    Thas right, let it all out. Not only are there such beautiful things to make one cry in meditation, but there's also nothing at all wrong with crying; it's just another thing we've been conditioned not to do (well, men mostly). If you're embarrassed about it right now, which will pass in time, try not to meditate where others will see you and don't hold back.

Not at all embarrassed was just wondering what others thought.
    Yea, I think it's beautiful and I cry in front of my girlfriend sometimes... Lol.
    I wont try to suppress it, if I need to release, I will!
    edited November 2010

I believe so.
    I think I am seeing or understanding where I am wrong?
    Breaking down the wall, sort of?
    edited November 2010
    patbb wrote: »
    due to having soften that crust and letting long buried emotions and memories rise.

Retreats are great for this.

Exactly!